Water in boot spare wheel area

Sayek

Reaction score
Just got the car few week now and notice some water in the spare wheel area.

I have done some reaserch before ask for kind assistance :)

1.Checked both rear vents and they both dry and arear surrounding the vent is dry.
2.The surronding of the wheel well seems dry.

Seen few people mention water arrives via the 2 bungs in the wheel well. Can someonce advise me how to replace these 2 please. Do they come up or down? If they are pushed down how would i get a replacement in :(

Clean the water, dry out, put a camera or someone in the boot, close, spray with a pressure washer around all areas to see where it's coming in from, the boot seal is one I know of.

Is it a hatch or coupe?

The coupe is a stupid design in the way of if it's been raining heavy and you open the boot it runs off the boot onto the rear window and then floods down inside the boot! It may just be a buildup of that! I bought a boot liner for this reason.

Had a similar issue in my A3 8v. After some investigation it turned out to be the boot seal.

I ended up stripping out the boot carpet and sitting inside the car with a torch while it was raining! I ended up seeing water dripping in from two points, both of which you could see a water mark coming from under the boot seal in those spots if you lifted the rubber.

Had a similar issue in my A3 8v. After some investigation it turned out to be the boot seal.

I ended up stripping out the boot carpet and sitting inside the car with a torch while it was raining! I ended up seeing water dripping in from two points, both of which you could see a water mark coming from under the boot seal in those spots if you lifted the rubber.

Oh boy that sounds fun..can't imagine what my neighbours think when I am doing that :redface new:

I put some white A4 paper on the edge of the wheel well to see if any part the paper gets wet and change colour but nothing..
Ok so my next step is to remove the boot carpet and place paper all over to see what area gets wet.

I don't suppose you can show me a picture where your leak was please. I am so sure the water is coming from the base of the wheel well. No sign of water from the sides