Watches

I asked the 'sales manager' in a Goldsmiths if he would have deal with me on the Rolex Sub, not a chance in hell, these things sell themselves. So I went to a independant, he offered a better deal of the bat than I was going to haggle for. I think OMEGAs are a far better watches than TAGs, with the exception of that I would like a
CW2111.JPG

Simon66 said:
www.authenticwatches.com these will haggle, my mate is a jeweller, he haggles with these.:rockwoot:

Reasonable prices but main problem I see is that the warranty t&c's say that the warranty must be honoured by them which causes problems living in England! Think i'd be more inclined to purchase in the UK or from a duty free store. It almost makes it worthwhile to hop on a cheap plane to Switzerland for the day & buy the watch in the airport, have a nice lunch somewhere & fly back, total cost has got to be cheaper than a normal UK purchase!!

Nickynibbles said:
It almost makes it worthwhile to hop on a cheap plane to Switzerland for the day & buy the watch in the airport, have a nice lunch somewhere & fly back, total cost has got to be cheaper than a normal UK purchase!!

Geneva is the place to go for that
I have bought a couple now from there :)

Local shops are the best, do you a great deal!!

Easyjet in the sale at weekend £35 ish return first flight ut last back job done, plus Geneva is a great night out too :) :)

some nice watches on here like ive got a thing for them and catch alot of **** for spending so much on them when im only 24

currently have:
1. Breitling Navitimer
2. Rolex GMT master 2
3. Tag hauer Tiger woods edition Link chronograph
4. Tag hauer chronograph 2000

the blue one that nicky likes i can get here for about 1200 watches are cheap here in Dubai

Recently got a Tag Carrera Chronograph from Authentic WAtches, paid £1150 for it eventually, and absolutely love it ! Black face and black perforated leather strap...

A3simon said:
watches are cheap here in Dubai

Can't wait going to visit our best freinds who moved out there in October so Saving for a small little treat at the moment, just renewed the warranty on the car so fund is shrinking :)

Bet it is hot at the moment?

its about 40 during the day which is fine its the night when it gets humid that its bad. You will have fun spending on watches here i know i do and i have my eye on another lol

A3simon said:
its about 40 during the day which is fine its the night when it gets humid that its bad. You will have fun spending on watches here i know i do and i have my eye on another lol

Can't wait to get out there our friends love it out there! Was thinking about the move myself, but kids need to be thought about

If I was gay I would drive a 2.8 quattro A4 and enjoy snow boarding!

Everyday watch is a cheapie bench one
bc0046dbr.jpg

My dad has left me a Rolex and a Breitling which i can't have untill i'm 25. Can't wait.

D2332220SilverBatonNew.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Hotscar said:
Nice Navitimer Jim. They're a great watch!!

Cheers buddy can't wait to get it, needs a few hundred quid spent on it to get it working apparently but i prefer it to the rolex so i will get it sorted. Only 3 years and 3 days to go :ermm:

AndyMac said:
More like Gay, the only possible explanation for spending £1k+ on jewelery for themselves.

Oh of course, yes. Blinding obvious now you have mentioned it, we all have the gayness. I personally have the good gayness, but I think a few on here have the bad flavor.

Blimey, a lot of pricey watches there.

I just make do with a £60 Casio G Shock for normal day to day stuff and a Seiko Kinetic for when I need to look a bit smarter and look like I'm making an effort.

AndyMac said:
More like Gay, the only possible explanation for spending £1k+ on jewellery for themselves.

God not been on here for a while and missed this thread! Why is spending a few grand on a watch gay?

Surely it's no different than spending £10k or £40K on a car? Does driving an expensive car make you gay? Afterall the both get you from A to B!

J.

Do I really have to explain the difference between something that tells the time regardless of price and a car?
Yes most cars will get you from A to B, but there is a lot to be said of how they do it and the physical enjoyment of driving a decent machine. A watch just tells the time whether it's £10 or £2k. The time it tells is no more enjoyable either way, therefore the additional cost is purely down to the jewellery factor which = gay IMO.
I am quite happy to spend over the odds on something that performs better than a cheaper version, but I just don't get the whole divers watch, good for 100m etc etc when no one I know would ever consider wearing their £1200 TAG when they go diving (even if they dive at all). As for Rolex's, just a tax on people with no taste I'm afraid.
If money is no object then knock yourself out, but I get the feeling that very few of you can spend £2k without noticing it.

Some people like watches some don't. If you don't like them don't post on a watches thread simple as that.

I like watches, just don't see any difference between a decent £60 one and a £1k+ one, apart from snobbery

my last two have cost under £100 for both ones a adidas and the new one is a Fossil watch. I change my mind on watches that much I dont see the point in a expensive one tbh.

oh and the fact that the only expensive watch i had i lost while out on the lash :(

AndyMac said:
Do I really have to explain the difference between something that tells the time regardless of price and a car?
Yes most cars will get you from A to B, but there is a lot to be said of how they do it and the physical enjoyment of driving a decent machine. A watch just tells the time whether it's £10 or £2k. The time it tells is no more enjoyable either way, therefore the additional cost is purely down to the jewellery factor which = gay IMO.
quote]

Recently had a 14 yr old in on work experience, he too expressed things he didnt like as "being gay"!! An interesting analagy and obviously very cool and funny, if your 14!!

A good time piece does indeed cost a lot & does indeed tell the time just like a £10 watch. Who cares though, its a fashion statement just like putting gel in your hair or wearing an Armani suit. It certainly dosent mean that you want another man to bend you over & ram his "richard" in your butt!!!!

:iagree: lol

Also an heirloom, my grandad bought a rolex then left it to my dad then my dad has left it to me. And if i ever have kids i'll leave it to them. So it may be an expensive watch but it's never going to lose money and when you divide between all the generations it's not that expensive.

Nickynibbles said:
A good time piece does indeed cost a lot & does indeed tell the time just like a £10 watch. Who cares though, its a fashion statement just like putting gel in your hair or wearing an Armani suit. It certainly dosent mean that you want another man to bend you over & ram his "richard" in your butt!!!!

Please read what I actually said. I said expensive watches are purely jewellery and the only men I know who spend a lot of money on jewellery for themselves are gay men.
Draw your own conclusions

Goes back to my point of a £10K car and a £40K car. You can get huge amount of enjoyment from a £10K car and a numb driving experience from a £40K car and vice versa...

But we will agree to disagree. I like expenses watches and collect them. You don't so fine. Horses for course. If that makes me gay in your eyes big boy so be it ;)

AndyMac said:
Please read what I actually said. I said expensive watches are purely jewellery and the only men I know who spend a lot of money on jewellery for themselves are gay men.
Draw your own conclusions

But thats not what you said, you said that much money on a watch i.e. jewelry = Gay. Is Puff Daddy gay in which case then??!!

wheres that picture of the roadsign with thread topic and thread direction again?

Nickynibbles said:
But thats not what you said, you said that much money on a watch i.e. jewelry = Gay. Is Puff Daddy gay in which case then??!!
I was summarising what I originally said for the hard of reading:
"More like Gay, the only possible explanation for spending £1k+ on jewellery for themselves."

As already said previously as well, Puff Daddy is a multi-millionaire with no taste, so therefore the argument is moot. Don't see too many millionaires on this forum.

madvw said:
wheres that picture of the roadsign with thread topic and thread direction again?

As for thread direction - wouldn't it be better to just post a link to the Argos web site?

A basic grasp of the English language is always handy when posting:
"Moot: open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point."