Watches

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
AndyMac said:
A basic grasp of the English language is always handy when posting:
"Moot: open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point."

Ha ha ha, not having a pop but using the term "thats gay" as an adjective instead of a sexual orientation really isnt demonstrating a basic grasp of the english language!!

Anyway, back to the point a designer brand watch like anything in life, there's cheap or expensive options, its personal choice as to what you prefer. I like a designer watch, cant afford loads so dont have lots, dosent stop me liking them though.

marriedblonde

AndyMac said:
As for thread direction - wouldn't it be better to just post a link to the Argos web site?

Nah, argos only sell chav jewellery. Using the rational of dropping £3K on a watch making you gay surely the worst you'd get from argos is bi-sexual?

AndyMac

Nickynibbles said:
Ha ha ha, not having a pop but using the term "thats gay" as an adjective instead of a sexual orientation really isnt demonstrating a basic grasp of the english language!!

Like I said, I never used the term "that's gay", but even taken out of context, which seems to be the mood of the day, gay is not just a sexual orientation as you well know.
One of it's definitions is "brightly coloured or showy"
So either way your "pop" is not valid.

d3fy

AndyMac said:
Please read what I actually said. I said expensive watches are purely jewellery and the only men I know who spend a lot of money on jewellery for themselves are gay men.
Draw your own conclusions

dontcare.jpg

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Christ I remember this good old arguement/discussion well! BTW havent bought any more designer watches this year!

The911SC

back on topic i think!...

I have a full size omega seamaster chrono and an Omega speedmaster chrono .
Also have a Tag 1000 and a really good fake 'snoopy' watch which keeps excellent time!,

BTW I think that Omega watches are neither 'Bright and showy' or predominantly worn by Homosexuals! (as far as I know)... :happy:

gtdog

1) Citizen Ecodrive pro dive
2) Rolex Submariner
3) Suunto Yachtsman
4) Various old self winders

Love em all!

Mr.G

Here's mine....

Post some pics up of your own!

OmegaSMP7.jpg

Not sure what's wrong with the camera here but there are coloured spots on the image?

OmegaSMP5.jpg

OmegaSMP6.jpg

OmegaSMP1.jpg

OmegaSMP2.jpg

OmegaSMP3.jpg

OmegaSMP4.jpg

V8Guzzler

I love good watches - have a 2 x Tag Heuers - 1 Link Chrono, the other Aquaracer, Lewis Hamilton Ltd Edition of 3500 pieces - hoping this will be worth a bob or two in a few years.

Inked

Here's mine....

Post some pics up of your own!

Nice pics, I currently have three Omega's; a Seamaster 300m Chrono, Planet Ocean 45.5mm, and a Speedy pro, along with a Rotary Quartz chrono (18th Birthday present) and a Casio G-Shock for when I need something that can take some knocks

IMG_0589-1.jpg

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Nice. My Seamaster fund is growing nicely :)

Inked

jungleman

Sooner the better mate, prices have gone up again! :sign_unfair:

gone up again! they have already skyrocketed since i got mine a good 5 years ago!

DaveyB

No misfires.
Rolex GMT Master II

Prices for this have nearly doubled since I got mine & very little changed to the model.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Yes, I was quite happy to see my watch now retails at £1800 in the shop window just before christmas, since I paid just under 1200 for it about 5 years ago maybe?

jungleman

thats what i paid for my seamaster about that long ago i think, damn they have gone up!

Inked

My wife paid full price (silly girl) of £1825 for my 300chrono 3.5 years ago (now retails at £2230),
I paid £1675 for my PO 3 years ago when it retailed at £1875 (now @ £2430)
and £1750 for the Speedy 2.5 years ago when it was £1925 (now @ £2360). Thats over 20% increases!

jungleman

... and people say these watches are investments... point proven! lol

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Tissot T-Touch & Skagen Titanium.

Dilligaf-UK

Chugging along
VCDS Map User
Suunto Core MilSpec for me

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
A webpic, but here's my beauty! Cost me £5 off eBay.

imagemagic.php

I would like a nice watch, but it's too far down the priority list at the moment, so this will suffice.

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Old thread bought back to life.

Well I still have my Rado Ceramica Multi-Function.

I wear it every day and it still looks as good as the day I got it (7 years ago)

Got to love the Ceramic technology that makes it pretty much indestructible.

Paul

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
... and people say these watches are investments... point proven! lol

It's like houses though isn't it? you would never reap the reward unless you sold it...

jungleman

It's like houses though isn't it? you would never reap the reward unless you sold it...

true and dont think i could part with mine haha

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
true and dont think i could part with mine haha

Same here mate, my Speedmaster isn't going anywhere quick, it's a symbol of success that I have it, which is worth more than a cash sum alone.

Inked

I keep thinking of selling one of mine to fund other things, but I know i'll just end up wanting to replace it.

willowsdad

Sideways
Great thread, good to see so many watch fans here. Here's mine:
c393a73b.jpg

had it about 2 years now, and it's probably due a service. But it keeps excellent time, and I love knowing that it's one thing worth more now than when I bought it.

Blackie

I have been on here ages & never even knew this was here

Anyway, I,ve been into Horology for a while. Bought & sold loads of watches over the years but my passion is Heuer watches as they are mainly linked with racing heritage.

I have a rare Lemania Heuer Audi sport watch & alongside a rare French made Heuer 844 Monnin

ef8a0ee9.jpg

Then a couple of Autavias

a6d7b92c.jpg

A rare Heuer oversize diver with an Olive dial

53e7b07b.jpg

A Tag 1000M diver

42a5f3f7.jpg

A couple of Tag prototypes which were going to be named the "Tag Edge"

P1030912.jpg

An oversize full lume Heuer diver

P1040068.jpg

I have a few other projects on the go & am always flipping bits and bobs...

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
wow you really are into it.

could you tell me the whole 'tag heuer' and 'heuer' thing, whats the differences etc, im interested?

IF i had the money, i would be silly with watches, its the whole engineering of it and the attention to detail that i LOVE, same reason for my passion for cars and all things engineering.

here are my 2:

Nixon super rover SS white:
super_rover_ss.jpg

if i could i would have the entire nixon range, great looking and uniquely styled modern watches. love them all.

Hugo boss rose gold chrono (no special name unfortunately):
hugobosswatch.jpg

this is my 'posh' one, events, evening do's etc
very comfy, and always gets compliments