Watches

Hotscar

Four Wheel Drifting
Reaction score
Seeing as everyone else on here asks random questions and me being a bit of a watch freak, I thought I'd ask people what watch(es) they own and which is there favourite.

Reactions: rasA4
I have this..
prg-80-4.jpg

Its excellent for skiing as it has an altimeter, I love it.

I have a nice Omega Speedmaster Michael Schumacher edition - the 2001/2 watch to commemorate his 5th GP title.
I'd have a lot of others if I didn't keep spending on other stuff...

The Omega Seamaster is the watch i'd like but can't justify 2+ grand to the missus, or myself come to think of it.

I have got a Tag Heuer Monza, not the original 70s Heuer Monza one though, the one they re-released with the Tag name.
ta3079.jpg

1502.30.jpg
C15C16.jpg

An Omega Constellation & my workhorse is a Klaus Kobec (Zeitner) Couture Sports. The latter a great watch for £150. ;)
I've definitely got a bit of a soft spot for watches and am currently seriously considering one similar to this :
pic.php

I spotted it while buying chrimbo pressie's and just couldn't afford it at the time.:(
P.s. All look better in the flesh.

PhilR said:
I have got a Tag Heuer Monza, not the original 70s Heuer Monza one though, the one they re-released with the Tag name.
ta3079.jpg

Good choice. I have a Monoco, the blue one which is limited edition and I see Tim Lovejoy (fifth gear) has the one designed on Steve McQueen's race suit.

I have a thing for watches and Omega's are my favourite I normally wear one of the following, bud I also have an old tag and gucci as well.

2264.50.jpg

3556.50.jpg

3570.50.jpg

I wear the seamaster most of the time, the all black speedmaster is on a mates wrist who will hopefuilly be handing over some cash for it so I'll be down to 2

marriedblonde said:
I have a thing for watches and Omega's are my favourite I normally wear one of the following, bud I also have an old tag and gucci as well.

2264.50.jpg

3556.50.jpg

3570.50.jpg

I wear the seamaster most of the time, the all black speedmaster is on a mates wrist who will hopefuilly be handing over some cash for it so I'll be down to 2

Are any of those Omega's automatic and if so, how well do they keep time?

My Speedmaster is automatic and it's crap at keeping time!
5 minutes a week lost...

I really should put it in to be serviced and re-calibrated...but can't be *****!

The seamasters an auto and it keeps crap time, the speedmaster with the red hands/omega symbol is an auto and keeps pretty good time. The speedmaster at the bottom is a wind up and is pretty much spot on.

J.

Omega ~Seamaster pro 300 (full size chronometer)

and to answer your question it keeps time very well - /+ 3 secs per day

I'm too cackhanded to trust myself with an expensive watch - so have one of these at the moment. A MWC G10.
MWC%20G10SL%20MKIV%20RED.KMCD.JPG

Mine is automatic and gains about 3-4 minutes per week,

Some Casio G-Shock thing LOL!!!

I've just never seen the point of blowing large amounts on a branded watch for people to comment on etc.

I just wanna know the TIME occassionally ;)

Each to their own I guess :)

It seems all automatics are the same then. I have three different makes and they are all poor. It does make me laugh though when someone tells you they have a Rolex and when you ask if it keeps good time they say it's brilliant...lies, they're rubbish at time keeping!!!

Mine's an auto & keeps not too bad time although thought it would have been better than it is.

i think some of the automatic watches are a bit like cars - get them serviced regularly and it'll work better

Dan Gliballs said:
Some Casio G-Shock thing LOL!!!

I've just never seen the point of blowing large amounts on a branded watch for people to comment on etc.

I just wanna know the TIME occassionally ;)

Each to their own I guess :)

Bit like buying an expensive fast car... Whats the point when something like a KIA will do the same job...

Or buying branded clothes...

Branded food...

I have a Pulsar Kenetic watch! Don't really do expensive watches.
As long as it tells the time OK!

marriedblonde said:
Bit like buying an expensive fast car... Whats the point when something like a KIA will do the same job...

Or buying branded clothes...

Branded food...

I can see your point and where you're coming from, which is why I said "each to their own" :)

I tend NOT to buy branded clothes, and I shop at Tescos/Sainsburys like most normal people (often buying their own brands).

I tend not to buy expensive cars, and they're always very much secondhand (wouldn't buy new if I was a millionaire on principle,..............NEARLY new though possibly). Sure I could buy a Kia, but that wouldn't be as safe/luxurious/capable/spacious/powerful/4WD etc, and wouldn't deliver the driving abilities and pleasures I like,..................where in MY eyes a watch is a strip on your wrist that tells the time, regardless of cost.

I also appreciate that some of these watches can be an investment if bought cleverly.

Before you get on the defensive, I'm not saying you're 'wrong' for spending lots on a watch, I'm just saying it's not for ME,..........and I'm sure I'm not alone.

On the other hand, I blow silly amounts on drums/cymbals/instruments etc that OTHER people would think daft.

We're all different ;)

Jessica (Miss OutLore) bought me this for Xmas... you can tell its a new relationship - I don't wear watches! I do now though ;o)

DSC01081.JPG

Each to there own imo I like nice stuff.
I wouldnt spend thousands on a watch as they arent really my thing, but I spend an awful lot on clothes, allways have and allways will

Good to see so many Omega boys on here :respekt: I've had my Seamaster Aqua Terra for nearly a year now and have loved every minute (ho-ho) of it.

25038000.gif

Bought it on impulse when I went to the Omega boutique on Bond Street with the intention of getting a Speedmaster Professional (I've always loved the "Moon watch") but saw this one instead and went for it. I also tried on the £6,000 De Ville Rattrapante - what a watch :drool: but a tad out of my price range :(

Just before Christmas I saw a Speedy Pro discounted to £800 and was sorely tempted. I also like the Railmasters (quite similar to the Aqua Terra, funnily enough) but I'm not sure I could do without a date window. Will probably go for a Speedmaster Broad Arrow next though, for more a contrast against my Seamaster.

I have a few cheapies for day to day and a rolex and a breitling chronograph which were my dads.

Rotary - but mine's in gold and mother-of-pearl face..

rotary.jpg

Ess_Three said:
This is mine:

B114_omega_schumacher_4.JPG

It's the only piece of 'jewellery' I wear...I liked it, so I bought it.

I'm the same, no jewellery or tattoo's. When you think of the money some people spend on chains, rings, earings or tatt's......well that's how I justify it to myself. :o.k:

Lovely watch there Ess_three but good taste all round really, great to see but then we are on an Audi forum. :respekt: :)

Peloton said:
I'm the same, no jewellery or tattoo's. When you think of the money some people spend on chains, rings, earings or tatt's......well that's how I justify it to myself. :o.k:

Exactly...

I have the same philosophy with the car, I don't spend fortunes on clothes, don't smoke and don't drink excessively...but I spend it on a car.
I reckon my sister spends as much on fags, booze and clothes as I do on my car, each month.

Lovely watch there Ess_three but good taste all round really, great to see but then we are on an Audi forum. :respekt: :)

:thumbsup: