Watch out Black scooby cop car on m40

doeboy

Reaction score
Fecking had me at 98 (i was happy to take that believe me)

M40 this sunday. Almost new Impreza, black. followed me for a few junctions before pulling me!

I was trying to work him out, just kept following my lead. It's obvious now he was getting a reading from me! They were too far back to see their uniform and were wearing all black no white shirts, 2 up ofcourse.

You'd have to be going a ton before they'd be interested in you i suspect.

I'm lucky to have kept my licence TBH.

Good to see our hard earned tax paying for toys for the boys in blue. How on earth do they justify that? It's simply entrapment surely.
If a drug dealer can get off a prosecution when an under cover officer solicits his services then surely being provoked to speed by an undercover scooby is exactly the same.

AndyMac said:
Good to see our hard earned tax paying for toys for the boys in blue. How on earth do they justify that? It's simply entrapment surely.
If a drug dealer can get off a prosecution when an under cover officer solicits his services then surely being provoked to speed by an undercover scooby is exactly the same.

A song springs to mind "Fight the power!!!"

i don't fancy it though

If thats the case a court date might be interesting, I'm sure they have to have camera's recording everything so youwould see them provoking you......

It wouldn't work.

The premise that they "forced me" to drive like that would fall of deaf ears.

We all know the courts side with the police. And they didn't really force me.

Tell you what though next time i have a new sporty looking Moneo, Subaru etc... with 2 men in it behind me i'm going to slow down to the lowest legal limit on the motorway. 50mph? and smile when they pass me!

did you get any points?

This is a sad but true tactic just to catch you speeding, even if it is by provoking you. As you say any of your comments will be classed as excuses, which is pretty dire. It just shows they have nothing better to do, like catch people with no MOT, insurance or tax.

I hope they arent too harsh on you!

Phantom_A4 said:
This is a sad but true tactic just to catch you speeding, even if it is by provoking you. As you say any of your comments will be classed as excuses, which is pretty dire. It just shows they have nothing better to do, like catch people with no MOT, insurance or tax.

I hope they arent too harsh on you!

Yeh it sux that the police spend all their time trying to do the legal decent folk who pay their tax, insurance and pay to keep their car road legal. Unlike the real criminals who flaunt the law every day of the week.

rasA4 said:
did you get any points?

Yea 3 and £60 fine. The Irony is i've had a clean licence for almost 10 years of driving and i've picked up 2 x 3 points in 4 months recently!

I've been reading a book by a copper, it's called "wasting Police time" In his book he points out "Crime detections" basically a quota. I guess i was just another Quota for him.