Waste of a day off = roof down and relax

D6DPH

Reaction score
Took today off work to have the windscreen replaced in the A4, Mrs D6 was off too but had appointments this morning so needed me to be off too in case they came early.

Get a call mid morning saying they had to reschedule due to them not ordering the trims needed when they sorted the screen. Frustrating to say the least! Pulled a few strings to get the time off at short notice to be no further forward.

On the plus side, had a nice pub lunch with the Mrs, her mum and grandad. Trying to get the 80 year old in and out of the car was made much easier by not having a roof in the way :D

Reactions: THQuattro and Sandra
Took today off work to have the windscreen replaced in the A4, Mrs D6 was off too but had appointments this morning so needed me to be off too in case they came early.

Get a call mid morning saying they had to reschedule due to them not ordering the trims needed when they sorted the screen. Frustrating to say the least! Pulled a few strings to get the time off at short notice to be no further forward.

On the plus side, had a nice pub lunch with the Mrs, her mum and grandad. Trying to get the 80 year old in and out of the car was made much easier by not having a roof in the way :D
Shame about the car, but you got quality time with family. :)

You haven't met the family have you Sandra ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Windscreen repairers are a pain in the butt always seem to take two visits to get things done.

Windscreen repairers are a pain in the butt always seem to take two visits to get things done.

Two visits.....they must've been a good firm as it took them five to finish mine off. Needed a new interior A pillar trim and they kept turning up with the exterior plastic screen trim ☹️

You are not filling me with enthusiasm here gents
;)

I'll be taking photos of all trims to show the condition, any damage and they will be replacing. Don't care if it is "just an old car" to them, its my old car

what! you guys need a good independent fitter!

Anyone in the midlands should consider this guy..http://www.ultimatewindscreens.co.uk/
He's done two windscreens for my current car and is a top bloke who appreciates car enthusiasts. Also owns a couple of nice Audis too :grin:

New screen got fitted today, they have done a tidy job but I noticed the trim has come away from the aluminium surround. Put a call in to the glass company who have passed it onto the rectification Dept.

Now do I give them the option to re-bond that part (trim needs to come off to do this) or do I insist on a replacement item?

Uploadfromtaptalk1468435726231

Don't know about the cabs but on mine the wind deflectors each side just push/clip in place. If it's the same on cabs I'd pull it off to check fixing points aren't broken. If they are then I'd be asking for a replacement, but if not or its bonds in place I'd let them have a go at re fixing

I've been looking through the parts catalogue and it is not available as a spare, no clips listed and there seems to be a residue on the strip that hints at it being bonded.

I'm happy for them to give that a go if need be, not out to get more than needed. The trim wasn't loose prior so it needs to be rectified in a way that is acceptable by all parties. :)