1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Waste gate Woosh

Ian Whiffen Jul 31, 2015

1. Ian Whiffen

Ian Whiffen Well-Known Member

God I love my car. As you know I have the ABT remap, Pipercross filter and upgraded turbo pipe. I just took the plastic baffle out from under the filter and my oh my. Every time I accelerate and change gear I get a massive whoosh as the waste gate dumps all the air. Sounds amazing, I can't stop laughing now.

Huwbert and S1Grant like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. shakey_hand_man

shakey_hand_man Member

That plastic baffle is turning out to be the bane of this car -the difference with it removed is insane :)

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  4. Ian Whiffen

Isn't it just lol. I love all the noise, exhaust and waste gate. My 17 year old says I have the coolest car now

5. Ian Whiffen

Isn't it just lol. I love all the noise, exhaust and waste gate. My 17 year old says I have the coolest car now

6. Simon91

Simon91 Member

Do you just replace the filter with the pipercross or revo one then along with the pipe?

7. Ian Whiffen

I bought the Pipercross filter online and the pipe from mk performance. I wasn't paying Revo prices

PastS1Owner likes this.
  8. Simon91

Simon91 Member

It's only about £50 difference now since MK put the price up though right?

You got a video of how your set up sounds? Would be good to hear!

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  9. Ian Whiffen

Yeah I was lucky, mine was the first one that Kieron made. I was just trying to find an alternative. I'm going to stick my gopro on the back of the car and on the bonnet to try and catch the waste gate noise and exhaust and I will post them up.

PastS1Owner likes this.
  10. Huwbert

Huwbert Member

Do you mean wastegate or blow off valve?, as they do different things. Wastegate dumps exhaust gas to prevent overboost, bov releases intake pressure.

11. Ian Whiffen

Not sure which one. The intake pipe was loose, my bad, must have been when I was taking the air filter out lol. It always pays to double check all the fixing. It did sound nice tho. I did record it on my gopro. I will edit it and hopefully post it up.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Stuttgartrob

Stuttgartrob Active Member Audi S1

its the Diverter/Blowoff Valve that is making the noise.

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  14. Ian Whiffen

Cheers Rob. Yeah I can still hear it sometimes, just not as loudly. It's a lesson in double checking the clamps are tightened properly. Did sound nice at the the time though lol

15. josedebardi

josedebardi Well-Known Member Team Panther VCDS Map User Audi RS3

If you drive with the window down it's much more noticeable I found the other day. I VERY rarely put the windows down though.
    Go drive along side a tall brick wall and you'll see what I mean :)

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  16. Ian Whiffen

Yeah but this was like something from Fast and Furious lol. I will edit and post up the video soon

josedebardi likes this.
  17. Stuttgartrob

Stuttgartrob Active Member Audi S1

LOL. If you want Fast and Furious try fitting a HKS SSQV Blow off valve to the car. I've had it on a few cars in the past and it will turn heads blocks away when it goes off.

18. Ian Whiffen

Aha well I won't tell my 17 year old about that then lol. I am saving to get the lowering springs done.