Washing Observations

Gyeon Infinite Type 2 in action

Reactions: kayemill, RS03??? and CarterRS
This is quite dodgy! Are those bits easy to wash out?

20220312_144427-jpg.251191

Problem I’ve found with the Bog Brush EZ thing is it flings dirty water everywhere when pulling it back out.
Hated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is quite dodgy! Are those bits easy to wash out?

20220312_144427-jpg.251191
Not really, those bits pictured are after a foam, pressure wash, wash and pressure wash.
To get them out I pull down on the plastic piece and scoop out using a folded piece of thin card to protect from the grit being dragged out.

I did email him but never got a response… probably a bit far really
I used http://www.kcgdetailing.co.uk/ for a two stage polish and then application of Gyeon Can coat. Did a great job and wasn't badly priced.

Something I’ve noted is the b pillar trim is as soft as butter and swirls like crazy really easily!!

Something I’ve noted is the b pillar trim is as soft as butter and swirls like crazy really easily!!
Yeah, I think unless they're ppf'd it's just something to accept. I had the ones on my s3 machine polished as part of a full detail but despite my ocd approach to washing they ended up back to swirly after a few months.

Scary thing is I think they're softer than the interior gloss black.

Something further that I’ve noticed is the brake pad dust left on the wheels seems really aggressive.

The black dust comes off easy but there’s quite a lot of reddish brown material that’s more stubborn to remove.

Bit nervous about the Matt finish and what products to use tbh…

Something further that I’ve noticed is the brake pad dust left on the wheels seems really aggressive.

The black dust comes off easy but there’s quite a lot of reddish brown material that’s more stubborn to remove.

May be the iron from the Disk , rusting.

Korrosol would be a good way to shift it

Reactions: Keano04
Korrosol would be a good way to shift it

Tried to grab a pic of this today - just washed with shampoo but otherwise left as was so could see the contamination.

Need to sort asap as it’s building up the longer I leave it…

d96a3728376284c435800692dac0654f.jpg

I use Gyeon Iron first and then rinse, then autosmart smart wheels and agitate with brush.

Tried to grab a pic of this today - just washed with shampoo but otherwise left as was so could see the contamination.

Need to sort asap as it’s building up the longer I leave it…

d96a3728376284c435800692dac0654f.jpg
You had to post a pic at the TPMS valve didn't you :tearsofjoy: :sign unfair:

I've been using Korrosol for years with no issue on any finish. Just be patient and agitate with a brush, maybe expect to have to do a few applications.

Are the wheels coated at all?

Reactions: Keano04
You had to post a pic at the TPMS valve didn't you :tearsofjoy: :sign unfair:

I've been using Korrosol for years with no issue on any finish. Just be patient and agitate with a brush, maybe expect to have to do a few applications.

Are the wheels coated at all?

I may have chosen that spot accidentally on purpose glad someone spotted that joke

I’ve got dragons breath so will give that a go in the first instance.

No coating on the wheels. Does need one though… I’m thinking about seeing how they get on through the next winter then spring 2023 take them off and get them sorted properly - I am holding fire in case I kiss a kerb and in which case would just refurb them (gold).

• Haha
Reactions: 3vans
I may have chosen that spot accidentally on purpose glad someone spotted that joke

No coating on the wheels. Does need one though… I’m thinking about seeing how they get on through the next winter then spring 2023 take them off and get them sorted properly - I am holding fire in case I kiss a kerb and in which case would just refurb them (gold).
Yeah I couldn't miss that!!

See how they fair after a clean, you could always try a shorter term coating/sealant that's ok for satin/matt finish and see if it helps. Mine are notably less covered since putting a sealant on.

It's just worth keeping an eye on pitting in the finish if the fallout stays in too long. Should be OK but towards the end of ownership of my first A Class I got lazy with the gloss black wheels and the finish started to deteriorate to the point where the spoke/rim interface looked like it has been shot blasted.

Yeah I couldn't miss that!!

See how they fair after a clean, you could always try a shorter term coating/sealant that's ok for satin/matt finish and see if it helps. Mine are notably less covered since putting a sealant on.

It's just worth keeping an eye on pitting in the finish if the fallout stays in too long. Should be OK but towards the end of ownership of my first A Class I got lazy with the gloss black wheels and the finish started to deteriorate to the point where the spoke/rim interface looked like it has been shot blasted.

When I get the marks shifted I will put some sealant on there - got some C5 but saving that until I can do it properly.

Dragons breath is not very economical to purchase/to use Korrosol is designed for iron fall out on paint as is dragons breath....you need bilt hamber alloy wheel cleaner it's more aggressive than Dragons/ Korrosol use it neat on first application along with a detailing brush....not a wheel brush leave on for 4/5 minutes then blast off....from then on use bilt hamber wheel cleaner diluted 50/50 with water job done

Reactions: Keano04 and NevMan
Dragons breath is not very economical to purchase/to use Korrosol is designed for iron fall out on paint as is dragons breath....you need bilt hamber alloy wheel cleaner it's more aggressive than Dragons/ Korrosol use it neat on first application along with a detailing brush....not a wheel brush leave on for 4/5 minutes then blast off....from then on use bilt hamber wheel cleaner diluted 50/50 with water job done

Many thanks for the tip. I had car pro iron x recommended to me so just ordered some of that…

Was so close to going with korrosol too. Doh!

Will see how I get on them go this route if the iron x doesn’t do the job

Reactions: Jassyo06
I paid for a wash at H20 Carwash in Westfield London - totally unbelieveably over priced - but they did a good job BUT they used Autoglym Liquid Clay to clean the wheels which I had never heard of…

7F935109 7B1F 404A A3C4 3C67FD6A1BDB

Reactions: Jassyo06
Autoglym 945107155 Magma Liquid Clay 500ml
They do it and I think you just spray it on and agitate it , I had not heard of it either .

Reactions: Spinstorm
Autoglym 945107155 Magma Liquid Clay 500ml
They do it and I think you just spray it on and agitate it , I had not heard of it either .
Just the same as any of the 'iron' removers ?

I have never paid for a car wash as long as I have lived and never intend to either, *** just wash it your self, 5 washes and you have saved enough for the ASR exhaust valve module.

We watched an 'old' ''Two and a half men'' the other night where the theme was ''Just call the man'' that seems to be where the whole world is heading, some people by me have (I have never seen ANYONE wash their car) window cleaners, Gardeners to mow lawn, Brick paver drive cleaners, Laundry service, Dog walkers, why buy a Dog to keep you fit and then pay someone £12 a day to walk it?

Reactions: RichK and 8YARWY

I have never paid for a car wash as long as I have lived and never intend to either, *** just wash it your self, 5 washes and you have saved enough for the ASR exhaust valve module.

We watched an 'old' ''Two and a half men'' the other night where the theme was ''Just call the man'' that seems to be where the whole world is heading, some people by me have (I have never seen ANYONE wash their car) window cleaners, Gardeners to mow lawn, Brick paver drive cleaners, Laundry service, Dog walkers, why buy a Dog to keep you fit and then pay someone £12 a day to walk it?

It’s the way the worlds going I’m afraid.

I’ve noticed the horror show that is social media is full of pictures of people ‘getting things done’
Some people would sooner pay the local detailer/car wash company to wash their car then they can plaster it over Instagram etc.

Reactions: Mike.46
My bodywork is all swirls thanks to Audi dealer cleaning; so I have bought a clay bar and maguires polishing kit - I have a dual action polisher from Halfords - over the weekend I am going to see if I can remove the swirls myself without having to pay for a professional.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

My bodywork is all swirls thanks to Audi dealer cleaning; so I have bought a clay bar and maguires polishing kit - I have a dual action polisher from Halfords - over the weekend I am going to see if I can remove the swirls myself without having to pay for a professional.

I've done a fair bit of DIY swirl and scuffs removal.... if it's your first attempt go by a scrap bonnet or door to practise on before going at your rs3!

Reactions: garethdj and RichK

I find cleaning my car quite therapeutic tbh. Headphones in and podcast on and away I go for good part of the day

That being said I have got a detailer to apply a ceramic coating to my rs3 - I just don’t have the time to look after it the way I used to so that just helps my weekend wash turn into 2 hours rather than the 5-7 hours I haven’t got time for

Reactions: JamesOff
I find cleaning my car quite therapeutic tbh. Headphones in and podcast on and away I go for good part of the day

That being said I have got a detailer to apply a ceramic coating to my rs3 - I just don’t have the time to look after it the way I used to so that just helps my weekend wash turn into 2 hours rather than the 5-7 hours I haven’t got time for
My washing its always 3h + as people always stop me for little chat

Sonax perfect finish is all in one compound...buy a 250 ml bottle also use a firm toothbrush...to clean the pads after each pass on a panel whilst free spinning it'll stop the pads clogging up with dead compound and in turn be more effective in correcting the paint

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
My washing its always 3h + as people always stop me for little chat

“Can you do mine next?” Or “you’ve missed a spot” type things?!

I pop headphones on to avoid that - im a bit antisocial when washing my car…

Reactions: 3vans, RSt3ve and garethdj

Be carefull of any sharp edges on the body work (wing, door and bonnet edges etc) it's quite easy to remove too much paint/Lacquer :scared2:

Reactions: Spinstorm
It’s the way the worlds going I’m afraid.

I’ve noticed the horror show that is social media is full of pictures of people ‘getting things done’
Some people would sooner pay the local detailer/car wash company to wash their car then they can plaster it over Instagram etc.

I haven't washed any of my cars since 2016!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: kayemill, 3vans, garethdj and 1 other person

I'd be extremely careful of this without having any practice and with a Halfords polisher. You can easily strike through the clear coat and end up doing more damage with using wrong pads and compounds etc. There's a reason a correction and protection done 'properly and professionally' costs as much.

I'd be extremely careful of this without having any practice and with a Halfords polisher. You can easily strike through the clear coat and end up doing more damage with using wrong pads and compounds etc. There's a reason a correction and protection done 'properly and professionally' costs as much.
What's wrong with a Halfords dual action polisher? Because in principal its basically the same as any other dual action machine ...actually the Halfords DA being cheaper it won't spin as fast as a Flex/Rupes polisher so even more impossible to burn through a clear coat you can use a dual action polisher all day long and it won't burn through the clear coat it's designed not too because of its free spinning offset axis .....you shouldn't hold car paint detailers in such high esteem as its not that difficult to get the same results on the paint work as they do... you probably paid a fortune to a detailer hence your upholding opinion of them ....although in your defense using a detailer is a lot more convenient to a lot of people......perhaps you should take up detailing then you'll find out for yourself how straight forward it really is....

Reactions: Mike.46, kayemill and 8YARWY