Washing Observations

RSt3ve

Reaction score
I have to say, bar the fake rear grill, so far I'm finding the car a doddle to wash. Sounds crazy, but it doesn't seem to get dirty in the same way that my 8v S3 did, especially down the doors. The shape of the skirts seems to prevent a lot of spray up them.
Only thing I have spotted is that there's a few grit traps which needs careful attention so as not to drag any out when drying. This is after a full foam and blast with my Kranzle pressure washer too.
Front corner grill here and along the lower edge:
20220312 144402

And the same on the rear corner 'grill':
20220312 144420

Not so much a risk of dragging, but definitely a long term risk to paint integrity (and rust):
20220312 144427
20220312 144436

Sorry if this is a big egg sucky, but just wanted to point it out, might be worth popping the arch liners out every so often and having a good clean behind.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, cooperp, RS03??? and 3 others
Even snuck a bit of bright light Turbo in @jassyo06 :tonguewink:

Reactions: RS03???, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
Even snuck a bit of bright light Turbo in @jassyo06 :tonguewink:
Yer paint work condition is a Credit to ya mate Turbo is bit of a Jekyll and Hyde colour l must admit That and Tango are the most attractive colours...Daytona is there aswell

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, SiPie, RSt3ve and 3 others
I sheet off most of what I can with an open hose and then using a blow-dryer to do the rest and what’s left you just dab with a plush drying towel.

Reactions: Maddave and RSt3ve
Yer paint work condition is a Credit to ya mate Turbo is bit of a Jekyll and Hyde colour l must admit That and Tango are the most attractive colours...Daytona is there aswell
Cheers pal. I've got some work to do to it yet. The dealers weren't meant to touch it but they gave it a bit of a wipe so it needs a light polish. Just waiting for better weather before I attack it. That said, so far it has come up well with a sealant coating plus I think a bit of samsung phone camera magic!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
Cheers pal. I've got some work to do to it yet. The dealers weren't meant to touch it but they gave it a bit of a wipe so it needs a light polish. Just waiting for better weather before I attack it. That said, so far it has come up well with a sealant coating plus I think a bit of samsung phone camera magic!

I’m kinda the same in that respect, waiting for the better weather, undecided yet on PPF route as I’ve never been that interested in preserving it for the next owner.
Have been leaning towards a machine polish plus a Gyeon synchro coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and RSt3ve
I’m kinda the same in that respect, waiting for the better weather, undecided yet on PPF route as I’ve never been that interested in preserving it for the next owner.
Have been leaning towards a machine polish plus a Gyeon synchro coating.

Yeah, PPF is a bit of a weird one for me. I like the idea of it, but I also like the idea of looking after the actual paintwork. Ceramic or sealant coating half the car which is covered in plastic seems a bit odd to me.
Stone chips are a pain but for me it's part of ownership and care, most can be touched up perfectly and personally I enjoy the restoration aspect and sense of satisfaction from correcting minor defects.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
The only thing that gave my Turbo blue TTS paint the whao factor was the Gyeon Synchro kit .....just made the paint pop no matter the light....sunlight etc etc would recommend it

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and RSt3ve
The only thing that gave my Turbo blue TTS paint the whao factor was the Gyeon Synchro kit .....just made the paint pop no matter the light....sunlight etc etc would recommend it
Cheers, I'll give it a whirl, not tried anything from Gyeon myself before but I had my S3 detailed by a guy who applied a Gyeon product and even on white it looked great.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Few of my observations:

- side vents actually work but that throws a lot more dirt up the side of the car in the wet.

- loads of iron on the wheels after 2k miles. Had to get the dragons breath out already

- lots of grills and I’m finding that a bit tiresome to clean

- not much space between the wheels and front callipers so need to be selective with wheel brush choice.

Reactions: Mastachaz and RSt3ve
Few of my observations:

- side vents actually work but that throws a lot more dirt up the side of the car in the wet.

- loads of iron on the wheels after 2k miles. Had to get the dragons breath out already

- not much space between the wheels and front callipers so need to be selective with wheel brush choice.
Yeah all this gloss blavk bits are hard to wash :) if you found decent wheel brush let me know

Reactions: RSt3ve
Few of my observations:

Yes the wheel/caliper clearance also defeated my wheel woollies, I need a thinner, flatter longer one to get between caliper and wheel rim

One thing from yesterday.

Car had some sort of product residue on it

Had to resort to Carpro Eraser and a mild Clay mitt to remove most of it.

944c3e676e850f6c07a2187a0dcaf3f9.jpg

af85ed6adb95b35eefd71b9233cc98c6.jpg

47ce4b037c1675387be4d43f7426224f.jpg

41edb579225631ee67c9026938f45031.jpg

Reactions: Terminator x and Mike.46
Yes the wheel/caliper clearance also defeated my wheel woollies, I need a thinner, flatter longer one to get between caliper and wheel rim
Was that trying all three sizes? Not reached for mine yet to try.

any opinion about that one

View attachment 251483

Reactions: Mastachaz

im too poor for that set :D

Reactions: 8YARWY
Just had the woolies out, the medium fits between disc and wheel, for the caliper it's just a case of rolling the car back to get the missing patch.

Reactions: 8YARWY

I think wheel woollies are overrated. I’ve got the full set but never use them…

The ez detail brush works well and is still my favourite together with a face brush and a little lug brush.

Reactions: jimbo255 and Ross1
I've used all the best wheel brushes you can buy and after using them once av literally given them away a few members on this forums detailing section got them from me they're a waste of money...in my opinion....bilthamber wheel cleaner diluted 50/50 with water and a detailing brush for the wheel facets is all l need ....no need for a flat wheel brush ....job done

The ez detail brush works well and is still my favourite together with a face brush and a little lug brush.

They're good brushes. Just keep an eye out on the plastic/rubber cap as they can fall off mid-stroke in time exposing a massive scratch risk.

They're good brushes. Just keep an eye out on the plastic/rubber cap as they can fall off mid-stroke in time exposing a massive scratch risk.

Good tip and a point often brought up about them.

Ive not had any troubles with mine but that is worth bearing in mind. I inspect mine after each use when cleaning them out so easily keep an eye on that.

I've used all the best wheel brushes you can buy and after using them once av literally given them away a few members on this forums detailing section got them from me they're a waste of money...in my opinion....bilthamber wheel cleaner diluted 50/50 with water and a detailing brush for the wheel facets is all l need ....no need for a flat wheel brush ....job done

Agree on the bilt hamber but using a little brush for the whole wheel takes too much patience for me

Reactions: Jassyo06
Few of my observations:

Wheels been Ceramic coated?

EZ - FTW

Reactions: RS3ree and Keano04
Was that trying all three sizes? Not reached for mine yet to try.
The little one will go in but is far too short on reach to get to the inside of the wheel, we need one the same diameter but twice as long on the microfibre bit and the handle :)

Mmmm. I was gonna suggest Jim @ White Details who’s based just outside Lincoln, but that’s a bit of a drive?

Reactions: Keano04
The little one will go in but is far too short on reach to get to the inside of the wheel, we need one the same diameter but twice as long on the microfibre bit and the handle :)
That makes sense, the baby one is really useful up to a point. Surprised they didn't keep the handle length the same across the range.