Facelift Washer jets

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the spay (mist) type of washer jets are still available for the A3. According to my dealer there are just two types, heated and non-heated, but I'm sure I've seen mention of a Mist spray type being available.

Left - 4G0955987A
Right - 4G0955988A

Not sure if they are considered "mist" but its what people on here (including me) seem to buy :)

I bought mine for £24? i think from eBay from Sytner Audi

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
The washer jets supplied in the car are absolutely rubbish.

Mine change spray position on a daily basis.

Reactions: amb66 and AudiNutta
Fan jets from a Golf 7 fit and are a nice upgrade.

Reactions: MarttiMat
Left - 4G0955987A
Right - 4G0955988A

Not sure if they are considered "mist" but its what people on here (including me) seem to buy :)

I bought mine for £24? i think from eBay from Sytner Audi
Are those part numbers for an A6? That’s what popped up when I searched on eBay?

Tempted to switch mine out on my FL S3 because as some have already said the standard ones are pretty naff

Are those part numbers for an A6? That’s what popped up when I searched on eBay?

Tempted to switch mine out on my FL S3 because as some have already said the standard ones are pretty naff
Yes there are an A6 part number.

Reactions: Bells and oli356
Yup A6 but they fit. I think even some people have bought some from the Passat. All the same thing :)

Think if you youtube the part number there is a video showing them in use too

Reactions: Bells
The washer jets supplied in the car are absolutely rubbish.
I'm actually quite impressed by mine.......first time I've had a car with 6 washer jets. :sunglasses:

Reactions: AudiNutta
98ac2ee7e20f5493ef5e14c190654450.jpg

5M0 955 986C are the VW/Seat ones that I fitted to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bells
Did you all install them yourselves, if so easy job?

Yup A6 but they fit. I think even some people have bought some from the Passat. All the same thing :)

Think if you youtube the part number there is a video showing them in use too

Are ours on the cars already heated and are the new ones supposed to be?

The current TT has mist sprayers.
Not sure if they can be fitted on the A3/S3?

I bought and tried some, but I could never get the spray pattern right. I ended up putting the old ones back on. I couldn't get the jet/mist high enough up the screen. I kept adjusting them to go higher but then it just caught the underside of the bonnet. The pattern wouldn't go past halfway at best. Not sure if mine were faulty or I was doing something wrong, but it was a shame as I really don't like the standard ones. :(

Reactions: Audi Bairn and stote

Very simple - no tools needed (unless you need to raise or lower the spray) - just grip with your fingers at the back so you’re standing by the door mirror and pull towards you rotating from back pivoting around the front of that makes sense. My pic shows the location of the clips moulded in so that should help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought and tried some, but I could never get the spray pattern right. I ended up putting the old ones back on. I couldn't get the jet/mist high enough up the screen. I kept adjusting them to go higher but then it just caught the underside of the bonnet. The pattern wouldn't go past halfway at best. Not sure if mine were faulty or I was doing something wrong, but it was a shame as I really don't like the standard ones. :(
If you slow down before you squirt it might reach a bit higher.

I was doing this while parked up trying to adjust them to the correct height. Driving was much worse and that was the reason I gave up on them after a while. I might try again at some point to see if I was just being an idiot. :)

Are ours on the cars already heated and are the new ones supposed to be?
Yes and yes, there is 2 "cables" you have to connect into them, one is for water and the other is for the heat (however that works...i dont know lol) but the first set I bought were some cheap ones from eBay and they weren't heated so physically looked a bit different.
If I can do it, then anyone can lol
Just used a pry tool to remove the old ones, just makes the job a bit easier. Then 10 second job once they are off to swap the cables and clip the new ones in.

The screwdriver size needed to adjust them is a bit of a pain (had to buy one from eBay) but easy to install.

I was doing this while parked up trying to adjust them to the correct height. Driving was much worse and that was the reason I gave up on them after a while. I might try again at some point to see if I was just being an idiot. :)
I once had an enthusiastic girlfriend like that too. To be 18 again...

The YouTube video I saw showed them dribbling down the bonnet, so the mounting position and lip overhang isn't suitable.
Which is probably why they aren't fitted as standard to the A3 range.

I once had an enthusiastic girlfriend like that too. To be 18 again...
Indeed.

I was speaking metaphorically, mind. My girlfriend became Mrs Phutters a long, long time (and two grown up kids) ago.

I seem to have a faint recollection of something vaguely enthusiastic at some point in the past, but it's a very distant memory.

Reactions: AllanG