Washer jets retrofit

So lets bring this up again

I`m still baffled about some pieces for my loom

I got the contact housing that plugs onto the new washer pump, i got the partnumber for my relay too but i cant seem to find out what the other connector does in the kufatec loom.
In ELSA there is no mention of a 3rd connector, thats whats messing with my mind even more.

So, if anyone would be kind enough to doublecheck ,this is what i got :

Contact housing for the pump (2pin) : 1J0 973 722A
Relay : 8K0 951253

kufatec.jpg

So what the hell does this connector with the purple wire in it do??

Cheers guys

You know when I saw this before from someone else asking, I also asked the same question, wtf is it for, without elsa running I cant even check for the millionth time, lol, I think its maybe a generic cable mate maybe used for other cars, I mean I didnt fit anyother connector like this to anything when I did Jordans car, just connector for pump, then other end was inside the car for relay plate & fusebox.

Didnt kufatec who IMHO are ***** at support, give you any instructions or advise on where it goes, if you goto there site they have an area you can login into to get the doc for your purchase apparently.

This is why never use KUFA looms.

Yeah mate, i hate them as well. Got my looms for the facelift tail lights and the looms were *****.

And no, no support whatsoever,you got to purchase first and then they will run around circles for you. So no banana for me just asking and not buying!!

Their description of the loom says : "This wiring connects the boardnet controlling unit to the high pressure pump (engine bay), water level sensor (engine bay) and the instrument cluster. "

So it could be that this connector plugs onto the water level sensor or the cluster, dunno actually. But since you didn`t use one , this makes this a tad more easier for me. Still puzzled
but not that much now :)

Cheers mate, always helpfull

Aha it all becomes clear now, yes this is prob a generic loom then for cars that dont have the water level sender installed, ignore it if your car has this sensor, cut it of, but only after checking lol.

Will do, i`ll buy the parts that are missing today and install it on Friday.

Will let you know if anything comes up, hopefully not :)

Test it all before you refit bumper, check for leaks aswell, you know how to cutout the hole in the existing washer bottle right?

Take your time & be patient.

Yeah i believe i got everything under control,but i`m pretty sure something will come up :)

But thats what you guys are for !!!!

Finally got round to getting all the parts & thats my headlight washers working now. Its not too hard, just a lot of stripping of bits to get everthing in place. Cutting hole in water bottle with dremel was easier than I though too. On the down side, th painter had stuck caps on with double sided tape & when i popped them out some paint came too. Fortunately you can only see it when the jets are working.

Another mod scored off list!

Khufu tell me something mate as i postponed my retrofit till next week.

I went and ordered the relay + relay plate from the dealer.

I had these part numbers :

Relay : 8K0951253
Relay Plate: 443937527

When i asked my mate that works there though, he told me that both parts had been dropped and replaced.

I got a relay with a part number of 4H0 951 253 A instead.
As for the relay plate that fixes on the relay holder above the Central electronics unit i got 443 937 501

Relay seems ok, but my relay plate is just a 9pin square black bit. I checked my car and realised that the other relay plate i got on has a pink connector at the back of the plate to keep the cables in place.

Do you by any chance remember how your relay plate looked like?

Many thanks mate

Finally got round to getting all the parts & thats my headlight washers working now. Cutting hole in water bottle with dremel was easier than I though too.

About ****** time too slim :p well done.

Relay : 8K0951253
Relay Plate: 443937527

When i asked my mate that works there though, he told me that both parts had been dropped and replaced.

I got a relay with a part number of 4H0 951 253 A instead.
As for the relay plate that fixes on the relay holder above the Central electronics unit i got 443 937 501

Relay seems ok, but my relay plate is just a 9pin square black bit. I checked my car and realised that the other relay plate i got on has a pink connector at the back of the plate to keep the cables in place.

Do you by any chance remember how your relay plate looked like?

Does your relay & relay plate fit together ok, if so then cant see your issue tbh mate.

Yup, indeed a last Mr H LOL

I ordered 443 937 527 too, will need to look out invoice for part they actually sent. It was black 9 pint with pink retaining bracket on the rear.

rubber bung : 431 955 465 A
electrical connector for pump : 1J0 973 722 A
relay : 8K0 951 253
relay holder : 443 937 527

The wiring i err, borrow of my old crashed A3 ;-)

So what is next on the list?

I'm liking the facelift MY11 mirrors tbh.

LOL, i'll bet the inners of your folding wont fit :-(

Next ones are simples - springs & wheels

Bi xenons are looking more trouble than worth LOL

LOL, i'll bet the inners of your folding wont fit :-(

Next ones are simples - springs & wheels

Bi xenons are looking more trouble than worth LOL

Whatever doesnt it will fit, end of :)

Bixenons for you mate should be a doddle, trust me you can do it fella, dont ever let me catch you giving up arrgghhhh :p

Dont be daft, its not a competition, its about discovering your abilities & learning man, get your head into OPS lol or join me on the crusade of high beam assist.

Yup, indeed a last Mr H LOL

I ordered 443 937 527 too, will need to look out invoice for part they actually sent. It was black 9 pint with pink retaining bracket on the rear.

rubber bung : 431 955 465 A
electrical connector for pump : 1J0 973 722 A
relay : 8K0 951 253
relay holder : 443 937 527

The wiring i err, borrow of my old crashed A3 ;-)

Thanks mate, and yeah please do check your invoice for part numbers.

What does this retaining bracket actually do? My relay + plate fit together ok, i`m just confused because i am missing this pink bracket.

Does it have such an important role or can i live without it?

Pic?

The pink part bassically locks the repair wires ends into place so cant come out easily, even if they're latched but if you have a revised version then maybe its changed so doesnt need anymore.

Well yeah, thats the conclusion i`ve come too in the end.

We will know tomorrow, its judgment day :)

checked today, the holder is def 443 937 527

As Nigel said, its only 4 connections so as long as it clips into the holder above the CE module & the relay goes into it it should be be fine.

Ok now i am starting to get quite crossed with the whole situation.

I got everything in place , i`m ready todo the retrofit today and i realise that AUDI ordered the wrong cables (the ones that fix onto the relay plate). Actually the had no idea which cables were needed and i made the mistake to trust them!

Could NHN or Khufu guys provide me with the correct Part number of the wires that fix on the relay plate to connect the Relay?

Thanks again guys

(Checked in ETKA and relay plate 443 937 527 has got a list of available cables, i ordered 000 979 225 EA and apparently were wrong...)

Last edited:
I'm afraid I just re-used wires out of a crashed 8L A3 thats in one of our lockups so I dont actually know the part numbers. Sorry.

So it actually can be done with a bit of dirt on your hands and water on your lap :)

Finally got around fitting the damn thing, works like a charm but i get a fault on VCDS (i have an idea what might be wrong since my alarm isnt working either)

Here`s a picture and the fault i get!

22006.jpg

Address 09: Cent. Elect.
Control Module Part Number: 8P0 907 279 K
Component and/or Version: Bordnetz-SG H54 2501
Software Coding: A58E0F01901410004F000000360000000009FF175C01000E000000000000
Work Shop Code: WSC 04030
Additional Info: 8P1955119E Wischer AU350 H02 0130
1 Fault Found:

00924 - Relay for Headlamp Cleaning System (J39)
009 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101001
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 140
Mileage: 46070 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2010.08.31
Time: 15:57:00

Freeze Frame:
OFF
Voltage: 13.20 V
OFF
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF

Have you cleared the fault, as it will show this if the relay wasnt connected when you coded the car, did you wire the relay exactly as per elsawin denotes & to the central electrics board, fuse point, etc

Yeah cleared the fault and it appears the moment i use the system.

I wired it 100% like elsawin but i guess i`ve must have missed the GND connection cause my car alarm is dead too.

The only thing i did differently was that i layed cable from the washer pump to the inside of the car for both wires. So i actually grounded the pump inside. Would that be an issue?

Though at second thought, wouldn`t the system be dead without a GND?

Check your wiring mate, its obviously something amiss as the coding seems correct.

So, took the car apart for the 1000 time and couldn`t resolve the issue. Tried a different relay still the fault will pop up as soon as i use the system.

Wiring though seems to be correct according to ETKA, the only wire that should ground is the one from the washer pump connector which I layed together with the second cable (for the command) through the footwell into the car. I grounded it together with my car alarm (which now works fine). Ground point was on the left (LHD car) next to the bonnet release. Other wires were already there as GND so it was the correct spot

When i take the ground off the washer jets dont work thats what is messing with my head. Since the wiring is correct and the system works when everything is in place, why the hell do i get this fault?!

As for the coding , all i did was check the box in VCDS about the headlight washer system, thats all i need to do right?

I guess i could leave it like that since the system works just fine , but i am a bit anal about these things that appear for no apparent reason :S

Had a google search about the fault , some say it is the pump, other say it is the fuse. I will try a new fuse tomorrow and let you know (30A right?)

Thing is the central electrics is sending a signal trigger to the relay which then activates the jet, have you tried another ground point?

Well yeah it is intermittant , it never shows up until I use the system.

Tried a different ground point but still the same. I actually put everything back together and left it like this since the system is working fine.

The relay though doesnt have a ground, the pump does. IIRC the relay gets the signal from J519 and is connected to the pump. The only groudn there is is for the pump thats what i dont get

The Central Electrics is the ground. When you pull washers, it grounds the connection from relay to the CE module which closes relay & allows power to the pump.

could it be the connector there? Not clipped it properly to the housing? Did you click the locking tab back in properly?

I was about to say the same thing that maybe you havnt pushed the repair wires home somewhere.

Hmm got to admit didnt realise that :)

Will give it another go, thanks a lot guys!