Washer Jets On My S3

dragon

Reaction score
Evening guys.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the windscreen washer jets are prone to moving? I find I have to readjust them every month or so. I guess it's down to the stiffer suspension or my drive it like you stole it philosophy!
:audibash:

mine need setting up anyway, I think they were set up to clean other road users windows instead of mine from collection. So much for PDI!

Reactions: nadsi77 and dragon
The more often you move them the looser they become.....................
Get new ones fitted under warranty.

Mine too! I spent an hour a few weeks ago setting the b...... things to go where I want them and now a couple are going astray again... A real pain to adjust. Bring back the fan spray I say...

Reactions: dragon
Think they are the hardest ever to adjust!

Because they are in a recess I found I had to lean across the wing and bonnet (gently) to get my eye on the jets to adjust them in the right direction. The Mrs thought I was trying to hump the S3 !

:wub:

Reactions: Q5 TRS, steeve, Ceho and 2 others

Because they are in a recess I found I had to lean across the wing and bonnet (gently) to get my eye on the jets to adjust them in the right direction. The Mrs thought I was trying to hump the S3 !

PMSL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

c'mon your with friends now , was you really humping it ? :black eyed:

Reactions: Pulp84 and dragon
I love my S3 - can't lie!

Reactions: 347
One of mine doesn't hit the windscreen at all, but does a fantastic job at spraying the car next to me. It actually shot straight into their car through the passenger window. That's how unaligned it is. Needless to say, they weren't too happy.

Reactions: dragon and Pulp84
Aaah it's not just mine then?! I've adjusted mine about three times and they still wander out of alignment after a month or so. Drivers side is the main culprit.

Think I'll pop it to the dealers.

Do you know I've not had to use my washers yet, or wipers (other than setting them for cleaning) and it's never been out in the dark either! Must get out more..................................................................
:keule:

A few people have replaced with the fan type washer jets from a passat! I'm also inclined to do this :)

Reactions: dragon
I think so mate, make a quick search should find something :) if I find the thread I will post it here

Reactions: cuke2u and dragon
Aaah it's not just mine then?! I've adjusted mine about three times and they still wander out of alignment after a month or so. Drivers side is the main culprit.

Think I'll pop it to the dealers.

Let us know what the dealer says!

One of mine doesn't hit the windscreen at all, but does a fantastic job at spraying the car next to me. It actually shot straight into their car through the passenger window. That's how unaligned it is. Needless to say, they weren't too happy.

I have a similar issue with one of my rear jets...on the list to look at this weekend!

My driver side jet always becomes misaligned, now it's completely stopped working for some odd reason... have to ask the dealers to take a look and fix it under warranty during it's first service soon!

just going to throw one in there, I seem to be forever - I mean almost every few day - adjusting my rear view mirror, I'm like.. it's off AGAIN? Surely my position isn't changing, I've never adjusted a rear view mirror so much I'm like da fuq!

just going to throw one in there, I seem to be forever - I mean almost every few day - adjusting my rear view mirror, I'm like.. it's off AGAIN? Surely my position isn't changing, I've never adjusted a rear view mirror so much I'm like da fuq!

Ha, all these things I thought was just me! Yes, mine seems to drop occasionally, wonder if it can be tightened? That said, hasn't done it recently.

To whoever said re-aligning them is hard is because you do it the hard way.
Open the bonnet, take out the washers by gently pulling it and move up, down or the direction you want and snap it in again.
However i would like to know how to fit the passat fan washers

To whoever said re-aligning them is hard is because you do it the hard way.
Open the bonnet, take out the washers by gently pulling it and move up, down or the direction you want and snap it in again.
However i would like to know how to fit the passat fan washers
Spent more than 1/2h this morning on my S3 to re-align them and will be pleased to give a try to your method next time !