1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washer jet upgrade?

foursprungdwarf Feb 15, 2015

1. foursprungdwarf

foursprungdwarf Member

Is there a direct replacement upgrade for the front washer jets?

Was thinking non heated but a fan type spray.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Marc B7

Marc B7 Active Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition quattro S-line owners group

foursprungdwarf likes this.
  4. SamFishlock

SamFishlock Member

I must get round to doing this, much better coverage. Looks better too.

5. foursprungdwarf

foursprungdwarf Member

Excellent, thanks

6. SDHA4SLine

SDHA4SLine Well-Known Member Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Nice, was looking for my next quick and affordable upgrade. Think I've just found it :)

7. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

me too, nipping down to my local VAG tommorow morning to get them, hopefully fitted before window tint man comes to do the glass on wed, oh yes the mods have begun now.:D

8. SDHA4SLine

SDHA4SLine Well-Known Member Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Seems these are heated jets, can these be retro fitted to non heated original system?

The standard jets are 5M0955985C9B9 at around £12 each heated one £25 each

9. SDHA4SLine

Only just noticed these are jets, are there any mist ones about, other than the Passat ones that need gluing in place :eek:

10. foursprungdwarf

foursprungdwarf Member

The heated ones are mist/fan type, I assume they can be used unheated.

No need for gluing with the shims.

** Edit - Oh, I see... Same fan spray but unheated are half the price, result. **

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  11. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

before i start ripping the old jets of etc, i want to order the vw ones, but is the indentification obvious for heated audi or non heated items on my a4.

rob

12. Avatar

13. imz

imz Member

How are these spray fans fitted? Is there a guide and is just unplug one and plug the other?

Thanks guys

14. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

Click here for a thread on how to fit. One caveat though. Since this guide was published, Audi now supplies an adapter shim that bridges the gap between the VW part and the aperture in the Audi bonnet, so no glueing required.

Details of the adapter shim can be found in here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  15. SDHA4SLine

see post number 2,
    did you find out about this rob or is it a case of just popping them off to see if they have an electrical connection

16. Just Rob.

no, i meant to have a look this morning but completely forgot about it as i had the window tinting man around to do the avant, looks nice now......................:cool::cool::):):):).
    going to get clafication in the morning , i did speak to audi about breifly though and gave them the chassis number, they said it did have heaters, but i thought i double check myself.

17. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

If the jets are heated, they'll have an electrical connector as well as the water pipe. The part number for the heated Passat fan jet is 5M0 955 986 9B9.

18. imz

imz Member

I have just done the washer jets but only after taking them off I had an electrical connector so assume it's heated versions I have??

Ignore me just read post above. Anyone want to buy none heated versions?

19. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

Bought mine today,should fit tomorrow ☺

20. SDHA4SLine

Having established mine are heated type jets, out of curiosity I wondered if someone can advise when the heating element comes on? And for that matter when do the heated mirrors come on :confused:? I've always assumed mirrors where on when the rear window de mist was activated?

21. jdp1962

Mirrors are definitely heated when the heated rear window is on. Not sure but I think the washer jets are heated permanently.

22. SDHA4SLine

Only when ignition is on I hope:eek:

23. jdp1962

Sorry, yes.

24. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

Did mine today only took 5 mins,so much better.

25. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

OMG! When did they start producing shims for these!? :chargrined: I ended up holding mine in place with epoxy putty and went over with a black paint pen to make it less obvious.

26. jdp1962

Me too, Azeem. Anyway, get 'em ordered and get 'em on. Best £2.26 you'll ever spend. :)

27. dt-tdi

dt-tdi Member VCDS Map User

Will this slot straight into an A4 or does it require the shim as well?

28. SDHA4SLine

As I understand it they will fit without shims but need silicone sealant or similar to hold in place. Shims are only a few pounds, worth buying I think :thumbs up:

dt-tdi likes this.
  29. SDHA4SLine

Anyone know what the small allen key nut next to the nozzle on these upgraded Jets are for? I'm hoping its to adjust the angle of spray up and down as mine is fine when at slow speeds but at high speeds the jet just sprays the bottom of screen :(

30. jdp1962

Yes, that's exactly what it's for. :thumbs up:

SDHA4SLine likes this.
  31. gary_a4_quattro

gary_a4_quattro Active Member Team Meteor Team V6 Audi Avant Owner Group

A much better way of adjusting the jet direction than ******' about with a pin in the nozzle itself :mad: !

32. jdp1962

Careful you don't end up washing the windscreen of the car behind you. ;)

33. Avatar

34. SDHA4SLine

Now that's one thing I do like... If a tailgater is too close I just hold down the washer button. Especially funny if they're a boy racer with a freshly polished car :lmfao:

jdp1962 likes this.
  35. ESD1711

ESD1711 Active Member

Maybe also worth noting that I think the part numbers for the washers are a Skoda part also if that's any easier for folk to get a hold of...... they can actually be foundon ebay if you punt in the part number as a search :)

36. Darrenkellum

Darrenkellum Active Member

Posted this in the affordable mods section but thought worth copying here -
    Annoyingly bought a pair of fan spray non heated washer jets from Shop4Volkswagen when I needed heated. If anyone wants a non heated pair, PM me and I'll post. £20 for the pair.

37. SDHA4SLine

have you advertised them in the classifieds on here? may stand more chance of selling them if you do

38. Euans2

Euans2 Active Member Team Brill Red TFSI Owners Group Audi A3 Sportback S-line owners group MQB Platform Manual

I've just done this upgrade to my car but even after adjusting them they are still hitting the bottom of the screen. i think I'll have another look at them today seeing as it's not raining

39. SDHA4SLine

Did you like I me not transfer the 90 degree elbows from the old jets to the new ones?

I had the same problem until I realised I should have done this. I assume its because without them the direct fit of hose puts strain on the jets which pulls them ever so slightly down. Also the spray is much more of a mist now than without the elbows fitted

40. SDHA4SLine

this is what I mean by 90 degree elbow
    Capture.PNG

Also do you have your shim positioned as below? (by the way this is not a picture of my car!)

P1000566_zps29e9dbe6.jpg

41. Euans2

Euans2 Active Member Team Brill Red TFSI Owners Group Audi A3 Sportback S-line owners group MQB Platform Manual

Thanks for the advice. I have the 90 degree elbows fitted but I'll need to check how I've got the shims fitted this afternoon.

42. Euans2

Problem solved, I had the shims on the wrong side, thanks SDHA4Sline for your help

43. Ewan Hoozarmi

Ewan Hoozarmi New Member

Thanks to all who have posted on this thread.

Got my VW fan versions today and fitted them in 10 minutes flat. It was the fact that Audi now sell the shims that swung it for me. Certainly improved my B7 Avant.

Now all I'm waiting for is the brushed silver gear surround and a new gear knob. Should do me on the mod front for a while....