Washer fluid tank

Duck C7 allroad

Reaction score
Having recently entered the heady world of cars with headlight washers, I notice that I need to refill the washer fluid tank much more frequently.
Does anyone know the capacity of it, rather than filling only 1 litre each time the warning light reminds me it's low?

Having recently entered the heady world of cars with headlight washers, I notice that I need to refill the washer fluid tank much more frequently.
Does anyone know the capacity of it, rather than filling only 1 litre each time the warning light reminds me it's low?

Between 4-4.5 ltrs depending on how "thirsty" the reservoir is. 1 ltr means you are leaving the reservoir in a sub-saharan state all the time :D :D

If you have the headlight washer I'd also suggest you check for a leakage to either of the washer jets as they are prone to failure (has happened to me on my o/s washerjet).

Reactions: Duck C7 allroad
I hardly use the headlight washers so no difference with me.The tank is larger so should last longer so you might have a leak or a faulty sensor assuming you fill right up.The pumps are a push fit and can leak around the seals

Mine was draining quickly. Turned out the passenger headlight washer was knackered and would start a siphon and drain the tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good call guys. Will check for leaks and weakspots.
Apparently you can switch off the headlight washers in VCDS?

You probably can but a savvy MOT tester may fail it because if the car has LED or HID lamps AND headlight washers, the washers must work.
Interesting. Didn't see that coming. I'd expect it to be standard knowledge for any MOT inspector for cars of modern vintages.

I'll be leaving VCDS out for the time being!

Both my headlight washer jets leaked. First I noticed was getting the unexpected low fluid warning. Offside was replaced just within the 3-year warranty, nearside replaced just after. Now the offside is leaking again and needs to be replaced.

My B5 S4 had a leaking washer bottle. Seems this is an area that Audi can't get right.

Snip ---- Snip

My B5 S4 had a leaking washer bottle. Seems this is an area that Audi can't get right.

All I ever had with my 2000 B5 Passat was a failed high pressure pump, casing split with corrosion, luckily discovered before MOT time!