1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Washer Fluid Low

JonnyS3 Sep 3, 2019

1. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Active Member Team Mythos Gold Supporter Audi S3

Morning.

Could be a quick question - had a google but couldn’t find many threads on this.

How long as you getting out of a washer fluid fill ?

Granted there’s loads of variables but in good weather, with minimal washing of the windscreen, I could be getting less than a week before it pings up on the dash that it’s low again.

So, has anyone ever heard of the fluid reservoir cracking / leaking ?

Cheers

EDIT - meant to say, when filling it up at petrol station etc. There’s no immediate drips under the car.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. leonwilliams

leonwilliams Active Member

Mines fine lasts for ages. But have heard of leaking into the boot and trashing electrics lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

I had a leaking headlight washer about a week or so after I collected my car. Quite noticeable as there was a puddle on my driveway.

5. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sophisto Grey Team Brilliant Black Gold Supporter X3 M40i Audi TT

Mine also lasts for ages (weeks). Also helps with the newer models (mine's almost 3 years old) not automatically cleaning the headlights every few times unless the driver chooses to.

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

a frozen bottle can pop the rubber bung out causing a leak, more likely than a spit bottle. My old A3 had a split pipe that meant it would only hold about quarter full until i fixed it. I know the headlight washers use a lot but a week isnt very long.

7. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red saloon Audi A3

Mine lasts for ages as well

8. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Active Member Team Mythos Gold Supporter Audi S3

Cheers for the input - knew it was a little odd.

Will ask @Daveheson and the guys when the car Goode’s for oil change soon.

9. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter S3 Saloon Black Edition

I had my screenwash topped up for the very first time at my first service back in June when car was a year old. :relaxed:
    I probably should add that mileage was only 4000. :D

While on this subject I am continually amazed at how often my girlfiends Corsa needs topping up from complete empty....can be as little as 1 or 2 weeks. :openmouth: I have looked for signs of leaks but there are none.

10. Marky-s3

Marky-s3 Well-Known Member

Mine nearly lasts a year lol

11. HertS3

HertS3 Well-Known Member

I had a Q5 where washer fluid was pouring straight out when I topped up, Audi said someone took the washer out at the headlight which meant I had to pay £180 after negotiating! As it wasn’t covered by warranty, my car had been serviced by an indie but he would’ve had to take off front bumper to remove the seal and the issue was ages later. Still bugs me to this day what actually happened to it, sold the car recouped the cost luckily.