Warren A3, new to Audi scene

warrenlord

Reaction score
Hi just got my A3

2006, 28k on clock, 1.9tdi sport
Fairly clean car just needs a good detail to get it up good.

media.jpg

media2.jpg

media1.jpg

new to the Audi scene really, just goin to keep it simple, could do with knowing a few things ( i have done fair bit of searching a got some stuff)

gear surround- lift astray. astray held in with screws? lift surround and gaitor up and carefully prize off 4 clips to release trim. ( needs some polishing)

Grill- either paint original for ££? or FK for around £90 but will need sline badge then ?

s line badges - i want 3 but who supplies the matt effect ones fairly priced? looked on ebay but though you guys might know more of the ins and outs.

also pre cut front light tint. but very light just smoked?

at another stage i will have to work out whats needed to put my iphone in, really confused about wheel/suspesion setup. ( 19's reps 225 35's, 8.5j 25mm spring) ive seen a white s3 on rotiforms only dropped 25mm and sat right but that was a s3 so unsure if they sit lower.

loads more to get my head around yet but forum looks cool and hope to fit in alright and contribute well. any info is great on my issues.

thanks warren !

very nice fella,

as I'm pretty new to Audi's too I cant really help, but the S3's are lower than A3's in standard form.

Is your car an S line? If not then personally I wouldn't badge up a car.

very nice fella,

as I'm pretty new to Audi's too I cant really help, but the S3's are lower than A3's in standard form.

Is your car an S line? If not then personally I wouldn't badge up a car.

true not an sline, not trying to claim its an slne really as clearly eveyone knows its not, i just generally like the badges ha ha maybe am just a fool

I think the FK Grill only fits S-Line's.

Hmm now thats a new one am sure awesome gti said it would fit any facelift ? i thought most of these grills were them same.

cheers

gear surround- lift astray. astray held in with screws? lift surround and gaitor up and carefully prize off 4 clips to release trim. ( needs some polishing)

Grill- either paint original for ££? or FK for around £90 but will need sline badge then ?

s line badges - i want 3 but who supplies the matt effect ones fairly priced? looked on ebay but though you guys might know more of the ins and outs.

also pre cut front light tint. but very light just smoked?

at another stage i will have to work out whats needed to put my iphone in, really confused about wheel/suspesion setup. ( 19's reps 225 35's, 8.5j 25mm spring) ive seen a white s3 on rotiforms only dropped 25mm and sat right but that was a s3 so unsure if they sit lower.

Ashtray held in by 2 bolts, torx headed, also loom for ashtray led

Paint original atm given may not fit your front.

Which badges, as you have sides, front, rear, steering wheel etc etc?

Laminx tints for headlights.

What do you want to use the iphone for in the car, just calls or music aswell?

Suspension would be down to how you want the ride to be, hard/low or middle of road with stability/comfort?

Really confused about wheel/suspesion setup. ( 19's reps 225 35's, 8.5j 25mm spring) ive seen a white s3 on rotiforms only dropped 25mm and sat right but that was a s3 so unsure if they sit lower

Can you show me pics of the rotiforms on the S3 please, S3s do sit lower, you wanna go coils really, 225s on 8.5J will be fine

Ashtray held in by 2 bolts, torx headed, also loom for ashtray led

Paint original atm given may not fit your front.

Which badges, as you have sides, front, rear, steering wheel etc etc?

Laminx tints for headlights.

What do you want to use the iphone for in the car, just calls or music aswell?

Suspension would be down to how you want the ride to be, hard/low or middle of road with stability/comfort?

ok cheers on above info! badges are sorted now i wanted some for the sides, iphone i could do with it doing calls and music but that depends on price etc etc

well defo 19's as i dont want to go too low, maybe 35 might sit right if the s3 i seen is around 20 lower already.
Can you show me pics of the rotiforms on the S3 please, S3s do sit lower, you wanna go coils really, 225s on 8.5J will be fine

oooo i will try have a look ive done loads of searching all over the net and could of been anywhere.

hay guys has anyone got any pics of a silver a3 with the seat splitter on it?

its always a worthwhile mod mate just bite the bullet at £20 youll not worry about it and if you dont like it im sure other members will have you doing the s-line conversion in no time, on which it looks the tits

yeah true mate, just wanted to see how they should sit on the bumper and how it would look on silver i will have a search, hoping it will tie in well with a black grill

got some progress, got the front callipers sprayed silver to freshen them up, grills on, splitter, aux lead installed also got a good iphone holder as well as mounting it well in the centre console. cargo nets in the boot and de badged.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

chrome rear indicators to clean it up with the led number plate lights. ive also got all front end bulbs to change too.

IMG_0227.jpg

they look mega bright but isnt the case in person, alot dimmer.

ive got some 19's on there way too. need to source some 225 35 19's

how can i ''tap in to'' the sensors for the lights when you open the doors? i wanted to put in some foot-well lights?

Last edited:
Are you going to get an S-line car to match those badges??
No.

Good progress. It's crying out for a spoiler though!
true not sure on these ebay ones look abit poorly made. there is two available isn't there ? the s3 type and the more squared type ?

what LED reg light bulbs did you go for?
they are from the local hid shop, they are called x tec and are around £13

Interested to see how this progresses. Same colour as my car.
thanks will just be keeping it simple and clean really.

thanks mate.......I spotted those ones on ebay before, then they dissapeared, Found them and ordered!

Why put them on then?? Do you think it looks cool or gives you some more street cred to have the badge, or do you like pretending?

If you're going the whole hog and sticking the right bodykit on, interior etc etc then maybe i could half understand, but it's a Sport badged as something better.

Why put them on then?? Do you think it looks cool or gives you some more street cred to have the badge, or do you like pretending?

If you're going the whole hog and sticking the right bodykit on, interior etc etc then maybe i could half understand, but it's a Sport badged as something better.

I put the badge on because the grill had a plastic holder for one, i didn't want to butcher the grill to remove the very obvious holder for the badge. Most people who I know would not give a toss what badge was on there nor do I. And no am not aiming for it to be somthing else or pretending for that matter if I was I could of stuck on a tacky s3 badge.

I put the badge on because the grill had a plastic holder for one, i didn't want to butcher the grill to remove the very obvious holder for the badge. Most people who I know would not give a toss what badge was on there nor do I. And no am not aiming for it to be somthing else or pretending for that matter if I was I could of stuck on a tacky s3 badge.

fair play, agree would look better than the black empty space.

test fit.
sline.jpg

yeah i dropped it all the way down but didn't take a pic
waiting on new hardware and satin black bolt covers

Anyone know how to tap into the sensors for the interior lights when you open the doors??