Warranty

G-S3

Reaction score
If I buy a 2001 (51 plate) S3 with 27,000 miles. How much warranty will I have left and when will the next service be due?

UK Cars have 3 years warranty
EU Imports 2 years unless its been extended
Non EU Imports afaik 1 year only
So 0, 1 or 2 years depending on where the car came from.

Don't know if anyone else can confirm this but far as I know the only way to check if a car is an import is to check the service history book to see who did the PDI - A UK dealer will not of done PDI on a import car.

Don't know for sure but I guess UK Dealers would not be selling imported cars.
Don't forget an independant dealer *might* of bought a 3rd party warranty ( e.g. warranty holdings ) for it.
Service would be at 30k if on fixed servicing, if its on AVS ( variable servicing ) you need VAG COM to find out...
but likely to be either just done or due soon.

[ QUOTE ]
Crafty said:
Service would be at 30k if on fixed servicing, if its on AVS ( variable servicing ) you need VAG COM to find out...
but likely to be either just done or due soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the case with AVS S3s? On my MY01 (51-reg) A3, if you turn the ignition on and press the left-hand button on the instrument cluster (the one for changing the clock rather than the one for resetting the trip mileage), it shows you the mileage left until the next service. If you press it again, it shows a whole bunch of pretty lights and warning symbols which serve to:
a) check the DIS works properly and
b) tell you which warning symbols to soil yourself about...

I think it's in the manual somewhere. But you have to get in and shut the door, otherwise it doesn't work.