Warranty - Wheel Change

Palooza

Reaction score
Hi

A couple of months ago I popped a tyre on my S3 in a pot hole, i thought all is well and got the tyre changed/rebalanced and I didn't get told of any problems.

Anyway, I then developed a sort of vibration under the front of the car, sort of sounds like the cars in too low of a gear (it's auto) but happens no matter what gear. So I booked it into Audi and they've told me that my passenger wheel is severely buckled (can't really tell it is - no wobbles ect slight whirring noise 70+ but) and that the noise is coming from the front end and no more than that. I'm presuming they're blaming the alloy for it.

So i'm looking for some new alloys, but I'm thinking of buying some 19" alloys off a TTS and I'm just wondering if this will void my warranty if the noise doesn't disappear as I don't think it will.. Or Am i better off buying what I've got now and buying the S-Line Style alloys.

Hi

A couple of months ago I popped a tyre on my S3 in a pot hole, i thought all is well and got the tyre changed/rebalanced and I didn't get told of any problems.

Anyway, I then developed a sort of vibration under the front of the car, sort of sounds like the cars in too low of a gear (it's auto) but happens no matter what gear. So I booked it into Audi and they've told me that my passenger wheel is severely buckled (can't really tell it is - no wobbles ect slight whirring noise 70+ but) and that the noise is coming from the front end and no more than that. I'm presuming they're blaming the alloy for it.

So i'm looking for some new alloys, but I'm thinking of buying some 19" alloys off a TTS and I'm just wondering if this will void my warranty if the noise doesn't disappear as I don't think it will.. Or Am i better off buying what I've got now and buying the S-Line Style alloys.
I've swapped my alloys over for some aftermarket ones. Warranty not affected :)

I would stick the spare on for the affected wheel and make sure first. If it still makes the noise you won't have bought new wheels without needing them. Unless you really want new wheels of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

I think you can repair buckled wheels. Not sure on the results, but must be cheaper than buying new ones all round?

I hit a pothole in my S3 at the beginning of the year just before I sold it. It buckled the wheel badly but managed to get it fixed... had a whirling noise when driving etc prior to fix. They said is was "at the limit" of being fixed/straightened....whatever that means.

After the fix, I still had the whirring noise and it turns out the bearing had gone also... local garage fitted for a nice price (Audi parts) and all was good after.