**** warranty REVO or APR

@Revo Steve-W i want bad mouthing revo at all just to let you know, just stating what I've heard like I said Revo was very good on my focus RS mark two and the main reason I didn't get a revo stage 1 for my s3 was because the TCU is not available

Reactions: Rob2k68
@Revo Steve-W ... well you've sold it to me.
Where do I sign?!

I have to admire your knowledge and passion for your product!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Revo Steve-W
@Revo Steve-W i want bad mouthing revo at all just to let you know, just stating what I've heard like I said Revo was very good on my focus RS mark two and the main reason I didn't get a revo stage 1 for my s3 was because the TCU is not available

No problem at all and no disrespect to yourself at all either Justo, just clarifying the comments made, sadly there is a lot of things said on forums... don't believe all you read online unless from a trusted source.

Reactions: Justo-S3 and Rob2k68
Is the remap available yet for the 2016 S3 saloon?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Revo Steve-W
Is the remap available yet for the 2016 S3 saloon?

No official announcement has been made (whilst we build the file library)
Keep an eye on Revo Social media over the next 24hrs #justsaying... who knows ;)

or visit your Revo dealer to get your own ECU I.D checked so they can inform you once your own file is available - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Reactions: Sandra and Rob2k68
The newer MQB ECU software has been a major priority and the DSG software work has been going on in the background for a long time, Revo do extensive development and testing, as well as ensuring that our flashing methods are stable, thus avoiding the issues others have seen in resent times. I'm sure that you wouldn't want anything sub standard on your car and we never state release dates nor work to deadlines, we work to ensure everything is perfect and only then will an official release be made, anything other is speculation.
Keep your eyes open for announcements and updates from Revo HQ. Thank you
Thank you for your feedback on this. Much appreciated. Is it possible you're able to find out whether the DQ200 7-speed DSG is something that is definitely in development? I've heard mixed answers and it would be great if you could just confirm this for sure for quite a few of us DQ200 owners. The DQ250 I imagine is the higher priority as its on the S3's and Golf R's. Are they likely to be released together or will the DQ200 TCU tune follow afterwards?

Thank you.

i seriously think there are not enough posts by revo in this thread....:blink:

Reactions: Revo Steve-W, pburv, RO65ERS and 2 others
46d94e44-491b-48ec-af98-ff2109ce725d.png

Reactions: Rob2k68, RO65ERS, jimojameso and 2 others
What about TCU tune? id try a switch from APR to revo and see what the differences are....just wouldn't wanna pay

Further announcement to follow soon regarding TCU.
We wouldn't offer you free software after you've made the decision to use a competitors file, however we would offer a 35% amnesty via your dealer - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Further announcement to follow soon regarding TCU.
We wouldn't offer you free software after you've made the decision to use a competitors file, however we would offer a 35% amnesty via your dealer - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator
Lol that's fair enough Mate, I'm happy with the APR tune as it is to be honest but for the people of the forum id be happy to try the both maps and see what the differences are in delivery and smoothness and daily driving...I don't doubt for a second Revo will be on parr

What are the shift points like compared to stock when just driving normally. I don't mind the stock shift points just annoys me how long it takess to change down a gear when I apply power

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Justo-S3
What are the shift points like compared to stock when just driving normally. I don't mind the stock shift points just annoys me how long it takess to change down a gear when I apply power

For this I believe you'll need the TCU which only APR offers out the two

Thank you for your feedback on this. Much appreciated. Is it possible you're able to find out whether the DQ200 7-speed DSG is something that is definitely in development? I've heard mixed answers and it would be great if you could just confirm this for sure for quite a few of us DQ200 owners. The DQ250 I imagine is the higher priority as its on the S3's and Golf R's. Are they likely to be released together or will the DQ200 TCU tune follow afterwards?

Thank you.

All the spec & details to follow with the release. We have had the software on all of the development MQB cars for a good 9 or 10 months now, however we have put far more development time into our actual loading process given the reported issues that others have been having with TCU flashing.

As with all Revo products, we will only bring to market when we are 100% confident,

Since this has turned into a revo thread....
What happened to the stage 3 kit with hybrid turbo?

Since this has turned into a revo thread....
What happened to the stage 3 kit with hybrid turbo?

Yes, we did the Stage 3 development for longevity testing and until we'd covered many road and track miles to ensure there will not be reliability issues, then we weren't in a position to move forwards. This testing is now completed and we are very happy with the outcome.

http://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/road-tests/vw-golf-r-revo-technik-driven/33029

As for a turbo solution we have been working on this in the background too, we are not willing to work with a hybrid solution which would have a limited shelf life with the turbo being updated/revised sporadically, we needed a good reputable and consistent solution, otherwise there would have to be many revisions and months more development each time a change were made. That solution has now been found and final development is in hand.

The only thing I will add however is that a Revo Stage 2 car still offers the perfect balance of mid-range power for both road and track driving, a Stage 3 car can lose some of this mid-range torque although a quicker car on the whole.

Please keep an eye on Revo social media and website for updates.

Yes, we did the Stage 3 development for longevity testing and until we'd covered many road and track miles to ensure there will not be reliability issues, then we weren't in a position to move forwards. This testing is now completed and we are very happy with the outcome.

http://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/road-tests/vw-golf-r-revo-technik-driven/33029

As for a turbo solution we have been working on this in the background too, we are not willing to work with a hybrid solution which would have a limited shelf life with the turbo being updated/revised sporadically, we needed a good reputable and consistent solution, otherwise there would have to be many revisions and months more development each time a change were made. That solution has now been found and final development is in hand.

The only thing I will add however is that a Revo Stage 2 car still offers the perfect balance of mid-range power for both road and track driving, a Stage 3 car can lose some of this mid-range torque although a quicker car on the whole.

Please keep an eye on Revo social media and website for updates.

Thank you for linking to the article, the power figures seem to be similar to tte450?
Do you guys offer a map for this setup?

Reactions: TTE Si
TTE450 & 470 is well proven and im told first hand REVO really liked and have fitted to there own UK car and other dealers, but they want to market there own solution for a bigger slice of the cake so to speak and total control and thats cool. The turbo spec has not changed for what must be over a year and we do not intend to change it as works well and results speak volumes. Link to turbo

Many tuners support 450 & 470 around europe and further so no issues for potential customers.

Expect the Stage 3 TTE525R results to start coming soon as many shipping out now and will have many tuning names supporting and interested globally. APR, GIAC, UM, JDE, MRC, MTR, too name a just a few.

Things are set to be very exciting

Last edited:
Reactions: Revo Steve-W and Dandanfings