Warranty Direct/Mondial

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Got a quote from Mondial through the post recently, I think it was about £1300(can't remember the exact amount, I was so shocked I threw it in the bin).
Anyway, got a call from Warranty Direct today, and they've quoted £700. Includes 100% labour(even at audi rates!), 90% parts. I'll be getting the details through the post soon, and will let you know the specifics, but he seemed to mention things like wear and tear on the brakes etc - sounded far fetched to me. I'll wait for the documents to arrive before making a decision.

Ive had a quote for about 700 for the year aswell... Thought long and hard about it and have decided to leave it. I know its peace of mind etc, but a lot of the time Ive had to argue before I get anything done under warranty. Mine runs out in about 2 weeks. Wear and tear wont be covered.

silver75 said:
Ive had a quote for about 700 for the year aswell... Thought long and hard about it and have decided to leave it. I know its peace of mind etc, but a lot of the time Ive had to argue before I get anything done under warranty. Mine runs out in about 2 weeks. Wear and tear wont be covered.

Mine runs out this week. Paperwork is sat on my desk, not looked at.
Think I'll leave it this year as well. Put the money into a savings account 'just in case'.
No claims on last year's policy. Sod's law says it'll all go wrong now :unsure:

Dealing with an insurance company on a no fault accident is bad enough, why put yourself through the same pain when anything mechanical goes wrong. Do you really want to spend hours on the phone haggling with these jokers when your car is off the road and you can't get it fixed because of some vague interpretation of the small print? Extended warranties on cars is just a scam, wear & tear is covered? I don't think so.
Do the numbers, if they're claiming brake wear is covered, which pretty much needs doing annually (front one year, rear the next if you're doing 15k miles per year) then that's a good half of the £700 gone already before you've even started. The £350 left isn't really gonna stretch that far with Audi's £100/hour labour rates. It just doesn't stack up.
These guys make their money by weaselling out of every possible claim they can. Stick it in the bank and you'll be quids in.

Thats what Im worried about. How old is your car? I think the older the car the harder it is to make a claim mines a 52.

I took out a Warranty Direct policy on my S4, which started in June. After the first three months of the policy the car is now covered for 'wear and tear' failures.

After lengthy dicussions on the intracacies of the policy, with Warranty Direct, I am confident they will settle any ligitimate claims.

It's cost me £600 for thirteen months, which I agree is a lot of money if nothing goes wrong. However, the climate control unit has started to play up (which is covered) and Audi want £570 + vat for parts alone ;)

Turbo failure is always in the back of my mind and with Audi expecting £5000 to supply and fit a pair of K03s, I feel a lot happier with a warranty than no warranty.

Jez