Warranty claim via another garage

TomL83

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with getting work under warranty via another Audi dealer and can offer some advice.

I live in Bridgend, South Wales and about 18 months ago I travelled up to Listers Audi in Worcester and bought my 2011 Audi A3 Sport back. I bought the car with a 24 month extended warranty which ends August this year.

The problem is that it got a clicking noise coming from my clutch pedal when pressing it down and also when releasing the pedal. I booked the car into my local Sinclair Audi but they then inform me that my car only had a 12 month Audi Warranty. So I've been back onto Worcester Audi where I bought the car and it appears they topped up my Warranty with a Listers Audi Warranty.

Audi Bridgend want £60 just to investigate the issue but Worcester Audi is 100 miles away. I've read in the handbook for the warranty that I can take my car to a vat registered garage and claim against the listers warranty if they approve the claim. Has anyone ever done this?

As I don't know what the issue is, I was going to just pay my local Audi out of my own pocket but thinking now I might take it up to Audi Worcester as it could be something expensive.

Here's the page from the handbook:

IMG 20160222 102801

I would suggest that you take it to Sinclair and explain to Listers that they are sorting the car out and that the claim should be settled with Sinclair directly, its an Audi dealer at the end of the day, so they should be able to sort something and vouch for the workmanship, you would hope.

I hope so as I don't fancy a 100 mile drive to take it to Listers Audi in Worcester. Fingers crossed it's something simple.

I'd take it to Sinclair, pay the requested amount and hope that that whatever the issue is will be covered by the Listers Warranty.
If so, then you can claim it back.

I'm planning on using Sinclair Bridgend for my next annual Service so I'm hoping that they are better than the Swansea Branch.

Good Luck with your Repair.

Well after contacting Listers Audi in Worcester I have booked the car in with them for a initial diagnostic while I wait. They will have a courtesy car on standby incase it's an issue they need to keep the car overnight for.

Reactions: Snibo
Looks like they are going to change the clutch master cylinder so iv left the car with Audi in Worcester and iv been given a nice 15 plate A3 Sportback as a courtesy car.

Reactions: Ghost, Snibo, jojo and 1 other person
Clutch is all sorted now thank god. Also had my front brake pads and discs replaced by them aswell as this was something I was going to get done soon for the mot in April.

The customer service provided was excellent even though I had to drive 400 miles in two days to get it sorted under the warranty. They did clean the car aswell but it looked like someone had done it in about 5 minutes.

Reactions: Snibo