Warranty/breakdown cover

wideboybloke

Reaction score
After the initial stage of euphoria with my new A4 Avant (I'm now in the secondary, more thoughtful stage) I realised that the documents wallet contained nothing about the warranty and breakdown cover. I rang the salesman who told me that MY17 models (like mine) no longer have the usual booklet on delivery and that Audi post the details to you shortly afterwards. That's OK, but what if I suffer a breakdown before it all arrives? The salesman's solution was to give me a copy of the booklet from a small supply they have in the showroom.

Have any other MY17 model owners received the relevant details yet from Audi? And did anybody else query the absence of any mention on handover and if so, what was the response?

Mines a MY16, but I received the breakdown stuff etc, including AA card etc in the post a few weeks later.

I've had mine a week and no info yet. I'll just use the Audi assistance phone number I had from my previous one if anything happens.

I think all I got was the AA card and booklet in the post a week or so after collecting the car. Your car should be in the system, so if you call the number you should be golden!

Mine came in the post about a week after handover in a little "Welcome to Audi" booklet. Maybe don't call the old Audi Assistance number, IIRC that was with the RAC and they now use the AA...

If you have the car registered on YourAudi you can download a copy of the roadside assistance handbook.

It arrived yesterday. It's a wee booklet, as described by Scottish A4B9, with the usual card which is now in the clip behind the sunvisor.