Warranty after RNSe retrofit?

pauladam

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I retrofitted my RNS-e soon after I got my A4 (about 9 months or so ago) - and the car is just starting to tell me its gonna need its first service soon (900 miles or 350 days as of today).

Anyway - I will be taking it to Aberdeen Audi (where I bought the car) and I just wondered - do dealers (and especially Abdn Audi) mind you retrofitting the RNS e or will they frown and say cheerio to my warranty.

I would doubt it - but thought I had better check - or I will swap back in my Concert II before popping the car in ;-)

Cheers

Paul

You shoudnt have any problems with anything non audio related. I dont think you would have much of a claim if you had a blown speaker or amplifier etc though.

[the car is just starting to tell me its gonna need its first service soon (900 miles or 350 days as of today). [/quote]

Was that a typo? Is it 35 days or is there something wrong with the display? :think:

They should be fine with it - I got mine from Aberdeen and they have been fine with my mirrors - even put one back on and rewired it when it got hit by a white van

Hi Marc1,

nope, it is 350 days or 900 miles - whichever is first (which will obviously be the miles!)

Cheers

Paul

The computer calculates that at your current rate(the last 7 days or so) it will take you approx 350 days to do 900 miles. If you suddenly did 200 miles in a day, that figure would drop right down to something like 150 days. Also, if you jumped on a motorway and cruised at 60mph for 300 miles, the computer would only drop something like 150 miles off the next service display. It recalculates based on the type of driving you're doing, so stop-start short trips will erode that service interval a lot quicker than long motorway trips.

Just to say - car went in - all fine, they never even mentioned it!

They did a firmware update to the car, but I presume this has nothing to do with the rns e.

Cheers

Paul

Well - its only been two weeks so far - I cant say any real noticable performance improvements - the turbo might be kicking in a little earlier possibly - but that could just be me looking for something that isnt there.

The new version number is 23B9 (taken from my service note) - anyone know what this does?

Being the person I am....I have emailed Aberdeen Audi service to ask what the update changed/improved.

Will let you all know when I get a response.

I did do a quick search on the net for any info on that update and all I got was a forum page in german - I dont speak german....but using google's translate feature (which isnt the best to be honest) it doesnt sound like its good news.....But Im waiting to see what Audi say.