Warping Brakes on 2016 A7 320PS BiT - Help

Centurion13

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently purchased another A7 (3rd!) this one being a 320PS, the last was a 313PS, and 245PS before that. After a couple of weeks, I noticed brake judder when braking moderately (which would be to avoid hazards, so not general) The Audi main dealer swapped them as they were also at 80% + wear (which I thought was a little much for a "checked" used car!) but after another 5-6 weeks, I can feel it coming back again, also. just on moderate breaking, so mainly un-noticeable, but it is getting worse.
Does anyone have any ideas what this may be ? The Audi Main dealer has accused me of driving my 320PS BiT "Vigorously!! (whatever that means) and refuses to think there may be another cause and will not change them or more importantly, investigate further. (Even though I have purchased 4 Audi from them, and 10 years a loyal customer!) I can 100% say that I have driven it normally., maybe not like "Driving Miss Daisy" but normal, for anyone up and down motorways most of the time.... Any Ideas ?

I've got this on my A7. I had new discs and pads about 5000 miles ago. I had 4 new tyres put on about 4 weeks ago and I still get the judder under braking. I can also feel a wobble when normal driving. I've had the wheels rebalanced 3 times and this has helped but not resolved. God knows why the balancing took 3 times to get like it is but every time it was out.

The garage have said I've got warped discs but I ran them in for around 800 miles. Not great when it costs around £1,000 for new discs and pads all round.

I'd get the balancing checked to see if it helps. Other thing it could be is a buckled alloy but you feel both these all the time and not just when braking.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Centurion13
Disc warp here too- my car had a set of Brembo put on the front about 7k ago when I bought it and they are now out of balance when I brake, not sure how as I spend most of my time on the motorway and hardly do any braking! Main culprit is heat build up or hubs haven't been cleaned properly prior to disc fitting.

Don't get me started on balancing 20/ 21 in wheels- I've found very few people who can do it properly and I've been back a few times/ changed places. They think I'm nuts but I'm always right!

Thanks, I suspect non cleaning of hubs properly as the technician seemed to think that's what had caused it, but that was never mentioned again. They reluctantly swapped them again, but i'm going back every Friday for a test. I know I've not done anything different, but its convincing them ! To be fair, they have done something, but it took a lot of doing to get there.. I'll keep updating here.. cheers

Hub face contamination would be my bet. Had a set of wheels powder coated and the muppets didn’t mask off the hub faces. Within a few hundred miles brake judder. After having new discs fitted and the judder coming back I took the car to a disc skimmer and he confirmed it was due to powder coat on the hub faces. Cleaned them up, skimmed the discs and it never came back.

thanks, they reluctantly replaced all discs and pads again, and we are "monitoring" the effects. So far..ok..so either it was my driving, poor product, or they didn't do it correctly.... Cheers all.

Glad to hear it’s sorted. Keep us informed. I reckon it’s poor installation. Let’s face it, to warp discs on the road you’ve got to drive like a maniac, getting them fading etc-it doesn’t sound like you’ve been putting laps in at the ‘ring