Warped Brakes on A4 TDI Sport 130

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Last time I replaced my discs on the A4, I opted for a cheap oem brand from partco, and within about 5 weeks after properly running them in, with some occasional "sprited" driving, I started suffering from serious vibration under mid to heavy braking. (light braking is fine)

Am now about to replace the front discs again and dont want to make the same mistake again, so other then getting genuine Audi front discs, can anybody advise on an aftermarket make of disc that wont warp on the first bit of sprited driving that I do ?

Also, what options do I have on a decent set of brake pads, as am I right in thinking that if I dont get genuine Audi or Audi OEM parts, they wont come with the brake pad warning line that tells you when the pads are low.

Can you get a decent performance pad that still connects upto the low level Audi Brake warning sensors ?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Ferodo DS2500 are very good pads for spirited driving but do not come with the sensor built in. The brake pad warning light is easily by passed though. I would guess your brake disc's are 288mm so a good way to stop then warping and get better braking as well would be to to upgrade to a 312mm disc set up which is very easy to do. Do you know what to PDC of your wheel hub is ?

I had Brembo discs on our 130 for about 6k before it was written off. No issues with warping.

No such thing as warped discs, at least on road cars anyway - what you're experiencing is pad material deposits or rather uneven pad material on the disc surface which is exacerbated by working heat into the disc.

Usually caused by overheating the pad or not bedding in properly.

MTEC Brakes, Performance Brake Discs, Sport Brake Discs had the discs and pads from here fitted around 8 weeks ago, bedded them in and they are fantastic.