warning light on dash

vr6gordy

Reaction score
havent moved my car (cab1.8t quattro) for over a week with all the bad weather any way the other day i started it up fired first time not bad i thought to my self as its been -18 here then i saw the warning light on (yellow one in the shape of an engine ) any one got a clue on why this has come on and will it go off as it wasnt on before i parked car up ..i myself think somethink as got ice it in some where and needs a god run will this cure it ??????????????

Thats you Engine Management Light. Your best bet would be to have the car put onto the computer to see why the light has appeared!

Hi the first time I started mine up in the cold/snowy weather (also a 1.8t Quattro) the engine management light came on. Apparently the car wasn't burning the exhaust gases which were fed back to the engine properly. :think: The light stayed on each time I started the car, but I had it re-set by my local garage and it hasn't come on again ;)

took it out tonight for a good run and got it all nice and warm and hey presto its gone off