Facelift Wanted: autoscans of A3 FL with factory equipped Side Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Assist

RJ-8V

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i retrofitted side assist but to finalize my coding to factory equipped i need some autoscans of A3 FL with Side assist and RTCA. Can somebody help me with these scans? The longcoding of ABS/Brakes is important for me.

Thnx

@DJAlix do you have a couple of ABS longcodings for me of FL's with SA?

Not necessary anymore, figured out the coding and everything works! Brake jolt works perfect when RTCA is active

Any chance you can share any of the info from this.
I've fitted the mirrors and leds but still need to fit the rear sensors and all the wiring.
Any help would be appreciated :yes:

I can share the coding if you like. I forgot to make pictures during install.

Routing the cables is simpel, but you need the correct modules with software 0410 if you have a FL

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

I have a PFL model.
Where did you source the rear modules and the wiring?
There isn't much info around on retrofitting this, so anything you can share would be great help to me and others looking to do the same.

I don't know if you can have RTCA on a PFL.

I found the modules on ebay.de. The wiring went from the mirrors all the way to the modules in de back bumper. I taped the SA wiring to the PDC wiring.

(im dutch, so sorry for my english)

I don't know if you can have RTCA on a PFL.

I found the modules on ebay.de. The wiring went from the mirrors all the way to the modules in de back bumper. I taped the SA wiring to the PDC wiring.

(im dutch, so sorry for my english)
We'll see if RTCA can be enabled on a PFL when ive finished but the main aim is Side Assist.
Did you use kufatec wiring or a mixture of Audi and kufatec, there are a few modules on eBay with the main loom?
Oh and your English is better than mine lol

Friend of mine made the wiring from the mirrors to the modules.

For the modules i used the original Audi wiring.

I don't know if RTCA is for the PFL, i know it is possible on the Golf 7...so maybe also on a PFL.

Reactions: -Ju-
Thanks for the info, I'll probably do the same:yes:

I can share the coding if you like. I forgot to make pictures during install.

Routing the cables is simpel, but you need the correct modules with software 0410 if you have a FL

I've just got around to finish the retrofit of the Side Assist.
Any chance you can share the coding.
I got the coding with the install kit but I still have an error.
Also did the modules have component protection?

I've just got around to finish the retrofit of the Side Assist.
Any chance you can share the coding.
I got the coding with the install kit but I still have an error.
Also did the modules have component protection?
What error do you have? Yes they have CP

I have an errors in
3C lane assist...Not reachable, although the module is there and accepts coding
19 can gateway.....Lane assist module no communication
5F information electronics.....function restricted due to missing message

I have an errors in
3C lane assist...Not reachable, although the module is there and accepts coding
19 can gateway.....Lane assist module no communication
5F information electronics.....function restricted due to missing message

Could ask Alex for a remote coding session at mine Ju ?

Start with removing CP

Will do, thanks for your help:thumbs up:
Looks like another job for @DJAlix
Just looked at your scan again and am not seeing CP as active. Might be best to get the car on ODIS just to see if it can pick up on anything that VCDS might be missing.

Reactions: -Ju- and T-800
Just looked at your scan again and am not seeing CP as active. Might be best to get the car on ODIS just to see if it can pick up on anything that VCDS might be missing.
I think CP is not active because it can't see the module. As soon as it sees the module CP will be active. On MQB side assist always has CP

I think CP is not active because it can't see the module. As soon as it sees the module CP will be active. On MQB side assist always has CP

Could well be the case. The communication problem needs to be the first issue solved.

Could well be the case. The communication problem needs to be the first issue solved.
Well..that won't be that difficult as his master side assist radar is a 8T (=A5 8T) and his slave is a 4H (a8 4h)......

The a3 prefacelift uses 5Q numbers for the side assist radars. Facelift uses 3Q.

Well..that won't be that difficult as his master side assist radar is a 8T (=A5 8T) and his slave is a 4H (a8 4h)......

The a3 prefacelift uses 5Q numbers for the side assist radars. Facelift uses 3Q.

Nope, both are from an A3 8V, no idea why vcds has the slave as a 4H!
20180113 151529 3024x2268
20180113 151523 3024x2268

Ok then the software is not right on the modules..

You could flash the modules with the right software

Ok then the software is not right on the modules..

You could flash the modules with the right software

Was about to say first, as I have seen an auto-scan, we need to bottom out a CAN issue with the module in question. Then work on software, parameterisation, coding and adaptation.

Reactions: T-800
Was about to say first, as I have seen an auto-scan, we need to bottom out a CAN issue with the module in question. Then work on software, parameterisation, coding and adaptation.
After reading everything again.

The can problem could be the wrong software. If he wouldn't be able to code the modules, then something would be wrong with the wiring. Then the modules would not show up and be coded.

After reading everything again.

The can problem could be the wrong software. If he wouldn't be able to code the modules, then something would be wrong with the wiring. Then the modules would not show up and be coded.

There is a number of things that this could be. At this point, given that the retrofit is actually very involved, it would be better to get plugged in and have a 2nd pair of eyes on the physicals and well as everything software related.

Reactions: -Ju- and T-800
There is a number of things that this could be. At this point, given that the retrofit is actually very involved, it would be better to get plugged in and have a 2nd pair of eyes on the physicals and well as everything software related.
Agree.

One thing, in the Netherlands you can't use Odis Online for flashing the modules because the modules are not factory fitted on the car. You would have to use offline flashing and maybe you need to recalibrate the modules.

Agree.

One thing, in the Netherlands you can't use Odis Online for flashing the modules because the modules are not factory fitted on the car. You would have to use offline flashing and maybe you need to recalibrate the modules.

This is true all over the world, but I have the tools to be able to work this out. Just need to schedule a time to meet up, all be it remotely.

The hardest part of the retrofit is removing the trim, running the cables and refitting, the actual wiring us fairly straightforward and only requires 3 soldered connections or 2 if you don't have any of the assistance packs using fuse no.32. I've double checked those and they are correct.
The wiring to the mirrors I haven't checked and were a pita to do but they should have no bearing on the coding side of it.
So do you think the slave sensor is salvageable or should I just send it back and get a replacement. It's only a 20 min job to get to it and if it helps to get this sorted it's not a biggie?

The hardest part of the retrofit is removing the trim, running the cables and refitting, the actual wiring us fairly straightforward and only requires 3 soldered connections or 2 if you don't have any of the assistance packs using fuse no.32. I've double checked those and they are correct.
The wiring to the mirrors I haven't checked and were a pita to do but they should have no bearing on the coding side of it.
So do you think the slave sensor is salvageable or should I just send it back and get a replacement. It's only a 20 min job to get to it and if it helps to get this sorted it's not a biggie?
For the moment I need to get some time to have a good look at all the information you have provided, and have a catch up on the forum / messages in general. Am playing daddy daycare tomorrow so should be able to work out whats going on.

For the moment I need to get some time to have a good look at all the information you have provided, and have a catch up on the forum / messages in general. Am playing daddy daycare tomorrow so should be able to work out whats going on.
No problem Alex, you must read code in your sleep lol :respekt:

So I decided to send back the slave unit and buy another from eBay thinking that the master module, although showing as an 8T0 part number, was fine as it actually shows that number under the 5Q0 part number on the sticker.
The replacement slave unit turned up and would not even register on vcds!
Now both the original units were purchased at the same time from the same seller but we're obviously not from the same car and so I decided to try again with 2 more units that definitely came from the same donor car and therefore matched with less chance of being a faulty removed unit.
Bingo......all working fine now and no CP on the units either, maybe the pfl units don't have any.
@RJ-8V care to share your rear cross traffic coding to see if that works on a pfl?

So I decided to send back the slave unit and buy another from eBay thinking that the master module, although showing as an 8T0 part number, was fine as it actually shows that number under the 5Q0 part number on the sticker.
The replacement slave unit turned up and would not even register on vcds!
Now both the original units were purchased at the same time from the same seller but we're obviously not from the same car and so I decided to try again with 2 more units that definitely came from the same donor car and therefore matched with less chance of being a faulty removed unit.
Bingo......all working fine now and no CP on the units either, maybe the pfl units don't have any.
@RJ-8V car to share your rear cross traffic coding to see if that works on a pfl?
What does the sw of the units now says?

You need to code your pdc module and abs. However i have to look the coding up on my laptop. Im at a party now

5Q0907566A
5Q0907568A

Ok whenever you get chance I would appreciate it:icon thumright:

Could you check in module 3C and 10 if you see something about rear cross traffic? Use VCP Text coding or vcds Hex-net (experimental coding) to see the raw coding variables.

Abs coding = byte 29 bit 7 (use 40168 or 20103 as secu code)

Did you also code module 17, 5f etc?

Thanks for that, I think maybe it's not possible on the pfl. No mention of rear cross traffic or anything along those lines in 3c and 10.
Also I'm using an old Hex Can lead and there are no coding prompts in the ABS module.
All other modules were coded as per the instructions so not to worry.
The side assist works 100% so I'm happy!

Thought so

On FL you have to code 3C, 10 and ABS for rtca.

Funny thing, the Golf 7 pfl does have rtca.