Want to upgrade my sound system!!

$clarky$

Reaction score
Hey guys, has any one upgraded the bose subwoofer in the boot?? Im wondering what size i could put in there to replace the orginal!! I'm happy with the speakers around the car but want a little more punch for the bass!! :thrashi:

andymac stealth sub is the preferred choice...speak to andymac on here

Here you go:
StealthsubnewJLunit.jpg

SubInstallS3Bosemid.jpg

Unfortunately if you want more bass you need to upgrade the sub, the enclosure and the amp. This enclosure is custom made to fit the 8L A3, built from 18mm MDF and housing the superb JL Audio 6W3v3 6.5" sub and powered by an Alpine V12 T505 300wrms amp hidden behind the rear seat panel.
PM me for pricing if you are interested.

So thats a direct replacement for the BOSE ?? does all the trim go back on and the CD changer fit back after instalation ?? and will it fit the 4 wheel drive cars which have a higher boot floor..(so iv'e been told)

how much will that cost ?

Here you go:
StealthsubnewJLunit.jpg

SubInstallS3Bosemid.jpg

Unfortunately if you want more bass you need to upgrade the sub, the enclosure and the amp. This enclosure is custom made to fit the 8L A3, built from 18mm MDF and housing the superb JL Audio 6W3v3 6.5" sub and powered by an Alpine V12 T505 300wrms amp hidden behind the rear seat panel.
PM me for pricing if you are interested.

andy, how are you curving the 18mm mdf to follow the wheel arch ? does 18mm bend enough..?

So thats a direct replacement for the BOSE ?? does all the trim go back on and the CD changer fit back after instalation ?? and will it fit the 4 wheel drive cars which have a higher boot floor..(so iv'e been told)

Yes, yes & of course yes (pic shown is an S3).

The underside is 3 layers of bendy MDF filled & laminated together to form the curve, it also has a groove to accomodate the wheelarch seam.
Sub2Collage.jpg

The underside is 3 layers of bendy MDF filled & laminated together to form the curve, it also has a groove to accomodate the wheelarch seam.
Sub2Collage.jpg

I had one of these in my old a3 and these photos really don't do the build quality justice. That's right. Not only do they sound great they look ****** marvellous too! :)

Incidentally Andy - my A3 quattro has some sort of electrics fuse box type thing where the cd changer sits in the lower right pic. Have you ever come across these and do they cause installation issues (should I want another Stealth Sub).

cheers,
J

Yes came across one last weekend on djaksters S3. It's the amp for the radio aerials I think, but can easily be moved or just stuck on top of the changer with some doublesided trim tape. He had a Symphony2 HU so no changer so it wasn't an issue.

I have one of these kits fitted in my S3 from AndyMac. This is an amazing upgrade as it drastically changed the sound in the car. Get the sub and amp option from Andy and while you are at it upgrade the rear speakers - I used some 2 way JBL resulting in a vast improvement from the rear speakers.