Want to turn my Audi A3 8v into S3

If you were to change your a3 body, what would you change it to?

• S3

• RS3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Michael Anderson

Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking online for some time and I can't seem to find body kits or conversion kits that would allow me to convert my 2013 Audi A3 Black edition into an S3 chassis.

If anyone knows any sites or shops to visit in the London area it would help a lot

Probably be cheaper to just buy a S3 mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso, Salik Sajid, RSS-S3 and 2 others
I guess to go with an S3 conversion you'd need bumpers and possibly lights although don't quote me on that. One thing I would say is don't put S3 badges on it if you do it, always a pet hate of mine.

Reactions: RSS-S3, Audi Bairn and TDI-line
If you have an Sline with black pack, isn't the only difference a quad exhaust and S3 badges.

Quad exhaust would look alright, by as Tom says, S3 badges just doesn't make any sense to me...

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi, I've been looking online for some time and I can't seem to find body kits or conversion kits that would allow me to convert my 2013 Audi A3 Black edition into an S3 chassis.

If anyone knows any sites or shops to visit in the London area it would help a lot
There was a Black Edition 8V in 2013? Thought it was a late 2016 release...

Edit:

Black edition = FL cars only, gloss black trim, gloss black mirrors, gloss black rear splitter, rear tinted windows, Audi sound system / B&O depending on engine, and different alloys depending on engine spec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
The only way to convert your A3 to an S3 or RS3 is to pop down to your Audi dealer and trade up.

Reactions: jimojameso, richinsoton, RSS-S3 and 5 others
If you have an Sline with black pack, isn't the only difference a quad exhaust and S3 badges.

Quad exhaust would look alright, by as Tom says, S3 badges just doesn't make any sense to me...

+1.

Alternative will be to trade it into an S3 or RS3.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
If you have an 8V S-Line then your bumpers and side skirts are already the same at the S3 8V. You will only need to change your fog grills, in fact the s3 does not have fogs so you will need to remove them. Rear bumper insert can be changed to the s3 one if you are doing the exhaust.

If you have an 8V sport or SE I believe you will need to change front and rear bumpers and add side skirts.

Reactions: GGP, Schizophonic, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Just a rough price based on your description of your car I would say it's valued around the 10k plus mark??
If the car is yours and you don't owe anything on it? If it was me given the situation I have stated then I would use my car as a deposit against new/used S3..
By the time you have spent on upgrading your current A3 to an S3 /RS3 you would defo be able to get a decent S3...?

Reactions: richinsoton, TDI-line, batch and 2 others
There was a Black Edition 8V in 2013? Thought it was a late 2016 release...

Edit:

Black edition = FL cars only, gloss black trim, gloss black mirrors, gloss black rear splitter, rear tinted windows, Audi sound system / B&O depending on engine, and different alloys depending on engine spec.
My thoughts exactly...If it's a Black Edition then I'm guessing it's the last of the 8p chassis?

Reactions: TDI-line, Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
Whatever you do don't do the badge thing if you don't want the humiliation of genuine owners / enthusiasts pointing and laughing at you. Please don't :crying:

Reactions: azibux1, RSS-S3, TDI-line and 2 others
Whatever you do don't do the badge thing if you don't want the humiliation of genuine owners / enthusiasts pointing and laughing at you. Please don't :crying:
Agree 100%......
It simply doesn't work..lol
photo-1.jpg

Reactions: richinsoton, azibux1, Tom.H and 3 others
My thoughts exactly...If it's a Black Edition then I'm guessing it's the last of the 8p chassis?
I thought 8P also but could not remember if the change over year was 2012/13, and there is 8V in the title.... oh! unless its 8P to 8V conversion lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I thought 8P also but could not remember if the change over year was 2012/13, and there is 8V in the title.... oh! unless its 8P to 8V conversion lol

That's how I read it!

8P to 8V is a different story...!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
Why not just make a stealthy sleeper? Debadge lower, and black out what you want.

Reactions: pburv and TDI-line
There should be a poll option for "Don't do it"

Reactions: jimojameso, richinsoton, azibux1 and 4 others
Reactions: richinsoton, pburv and Audi Bairn
Also remember if you change your car to look like an S3 then your insurance needs to be notified, this could then end up costing you a lot more to insure your car. I personally wouldn't bother and stick with what you have, or if you want an S3 buy an S3!

Reactions: pburv, TDI-line and Sandra
I was only thinking the other day how the S-Line front bumper looks to be the same as the S3 just with silver details to the front air inlet covers and different front grille.

Probably best to just wait and get an S3 itself? I'll be doing that next year...!

Whatever it might cost take double off the current value of the car. You'll struggle to sell or trade it in so a stupid question really, unless you intend to keep it for quite a while.