1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

want to hit 300hp..

nitrotg Mar 4, 2012

1. nitrotg

nitrotg Registered User

Hi all

As the titel says i want to hit the 300hp..

i already chip the car and should have around 250 now..

Just got my A3 2.0 TFSI Sportsback With DSG last month..

Have ordred:

BSH Intake
    Milltake Exhaust back
    3" high-flow race catalytic converter
    Upgraded fuel pump
    Dump valves

Should be installed next week..

anything else you could recommend without installing a new turbo?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. mrpeng

mrpeng 2.0T Quattro

Dont think you will get there without the k04 turbo and you will be pushing the engine without upgrading the internals mayb if you wanted the s3 power it would have paid to buy a s3 as they have better internals on the engine

4. nitrotg

nitrotg Registered User

i bet it would.. but the 5 door s3 is really hard to find where i live, and are the double the price.. so got the next best thing i could get...

5. h5djr

h5djr Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Why?

6. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

You won't get 300bhp out of a standard 2.0T without the K04 even with upgrades your planning. Mines mapped and it probably realistically 240bhp.

The difference between 240bhp and 300bhp on the road wouldn't be that noticeable. Should of got an S3 as said!

7. Ads

Ads License to drive

I wouldn't want 300bhp in a FWD. Mine is mapped to about 240bhp and it feels like it can just about handle that through the front wheels.

8. marknjayne

marknjayne Registered User

240 is about optimal for FWD,my meriva is 220 at the moment and its a handful,im taking it to 240 soon but it will stay there unless i get a decent diff

9. flying oyster

flying oyster flying oyster

you gotta love the torque steer it makes going to work so much more enjoyable

10. nitrotg

nitrotg Registered User

Will Mine is measured to 256hp to be precised.. With my 17" rims it was just spinning.. But with the 19" 235/35 ultraleggera it grips fine..

Dont know how much power i'll be getting out of the update i posted. maby about 10-15hp extra.. That would bring me at about 270..

Theres just something about the 300 thats calling me.. :) guess i'll have to get that k04 fitted

11. marknjayne

a mate of mine has this monster FWD car,he tells me the torque steer is unreal but thats what he loves about it,fighting it lol

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Got to love Quattro :yahoo:

14. marknjayne

its good but i prefer attesa...Quattro (as much as i love my audi) is too FWD bias for me

15. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

275bhp is the K03 maxing out with the TBE, HPFP, Intake etc, so your not hitting over 300bhp without going K04.

16. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

plus when you fit the parts your gona need a stage 2 flash
    and think about a clutch upgrade
    as above if you realy want 300+ K04 or hybred K04 s3 injectors

17. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Cheaper to sell up and buy an S3 in my opinion... Then your on towards 350bhp with upgrades!!

18. hades-

the hybred K04 upgrade aint to much ££££ iv done a few
    all FWD
    as he says where hes from the s3 is hard to get so hes not from the uk

19. nitrotg

nitrotg Registered User

think i'll stay with the 275hp for now :)

Thx for the advise..

Anything else you could recommend/must have?

Some are talking about the REVO DSG software upgrade? Worth it? Cost about €400 here..

20. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Ahh, missed that bit :blush:

Still a lot of power through the front wheels. Fun times!!

21. hades-

very fun
    most iv run on the K03 was 297hp turbo lasted 14 miles

22. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Well that there is the original posters answer then!!

23. leach76

leach76 Registered User

What figures did giac get with the baby hammer map? i thought they were around 280/290 bhp on the ko3,
    plus there are loads of front wheel drives running over 300bhp with no problems if you know how to drive them its no issue

24. Ads

Ads License to drive

The problem is 300bhp + FWD + DSG. There's no way of playing with the clutch to keep traction.
    At times, especially in the wet, it's hard enough pulling away without spinning the wheels with stock power/torque.

25. nitrotg

nitrotg Registered User

a used s3 from 07 cost about 50000£ here.. and that's for the 3 door version.. i bet it's a bit cheaper in the uk :p

26. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Where are you?

27. nitrotg

nitrotg Registered User

Denmark.. they love all kind of taxes here.. :p

28. nitrotg

nitrotg Registered User

N8.. I read that you did the DSG Software mod.. What you think about it? Worth it?

29. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Registered User

You probably have more like 235-240bhp at the fly with just a stage 1 remap. I've done pretty much everything you can do bar fit a large FMIC and I consistently dyno'd 285bhp and 320 lb ft torque. Stattler reckoned it should make 300 bhp with my mods and the custom GIAC K03 Extreme map, and thinks maybe the Neuspeed intake is the weak point.
    I did my mods stage by stage, and when I bought this a few years ago S3s were a lot more expensive. Now there's cheaper ones out there I would just go and get an S3 if I were you, and with Haldex you can properly use the power. FWD with 300bhp is just a waste on the road.
    A ko3 in this state of tune is very nice on the road though because it so spools SO quick and mines already making 300 lb torque before 3000 rpm, and downshifts on the dual carriageway are just an option. Power peaks right at 6500 rpm so top end is good, but there is a huge difference with the k04 up there.

30. akash_sky1

Thanks to my sachs clutch and haldex , at Crail the other day mine was the 3rd fasting launching car ( on 60ft times), thats with a GTR drag car and highly modded Evos etc, on a greasy track with odd front tyres lol.

31. marknjayne

yeh i find launching the audi is epic,almost as much aggression as my skylines but i was talking about track/fast road,the front wheel bias system understeers too much,wish it was 50/50 split or more rear wheel bias but you do get used to it and accommodate for a little understeer by not exiting the corners as hard

32. The Engineer

The Engineer Registered User

I saw this car at 10 of the best in York a few years back, all i can say is WOW!

That thing is a beast. I'm sure it won best in its class.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. George The Diesel Head

George The Diesel Head Registered User

I'd be more worried about that turbo sucking in passing birds than torque steer.

35. marknjayne

dont think he won his class at totb but i know he has a few times at the japshop at santa pod,also he is hoping to be running 10 second quarters later this yr

36. akash_sky1

true that for aggressive driving on longer sweeping bends its more understeery, tight slow bends are fine though easy to get the back out ;-D