Wakefield / Leeds Area remapped S3

pxl108

Reaction score
Hi All,

i'm relatively new to the forum and have an 8P3 S3.

I am looking at getting it mapped to stage 1, purely based on all the positive remarks on this forum ("difference between night and day" and "audi should have mapped it like this from the start" etc). I've no interest in going beyond stage 1 as it's my daily drive, and i'm up and down the motorway almost every week .....

What i'd like to know is if there is anyone in the Wakefield / Leeds area who has an 8P3 S3 who has had it mapped, who could take me for a quick spin to see the difference ...

I appreciate it's a cheeky request, but any assistance would be gratefully received (i can contribute to fuel etc ...) :)

Cheers

RS Tuning Leeds did my previous A3, rolling roaded with before and after results, £399 bish if i remember rightly.

Thanks mate - and do you agree with the consensus that it's a totally worthwhile thing to do ? - I've spoken to the guy at RS Tuning, seemed like a decent lad so would probably look at going there ..

Thanks mate - and do you agree with the consensus that it's a totally worthwhile thing to do ? - I've spoken to the guy at RS Tuning, seemed like a decent lad so would probably look at going there ..

Speaking from experience and the damage to my wallet, no i wouldn't get my car remapped to the power output RS Tuning mapped it too again, the car i had was a 2.0L TDI DSG 140 TDI, it was rolling roaded after the map at 190.1BHP.

The turbo lasted around 5000 mile and then needed replacement, now on the TDI the turbo isn't known as the strongest turbo in the world, infact it's described as being as strong as chocolate so with that in mind, 190.1BHP was too much. If i was to get my car mapped again, i would lower the torque spike and have it kicking out around 175BHP.

Your car is an S3, petrol turbo's don't have as much torque as a TDI, (I'm led to believe that massive torque spikes is a turbo killer on a TDI) your S3 has much more power, hence making them a much faster car. I couldn't comment on how reliable your S3 would be after a map, this is nothing personal against RS Tuning as they did everything i asked them to do, i asked for a custom map and that's what i got it's just a shame the turbo went pop not long after and costing me £830 for a replacement, even when it was replaced the power was just to much for the turbo and engine as the car was never the same as before the remap, it was forever over boosting and going into limp mode, i sold the car not long after because other problems developed (porous head).

The fun factor is very good from a remap and in the 5000 miles it was trouble free, the drive was very good, 190BHP, a **** load of torque, combined with diesel fuel consumption and the DSG paddle shift made a diesel car exciting to drive.

You need to speak to some of the S3 boys really, i think on a whole the 2.0L petrol engine in the S3 takes to maps well, although i will say the newest shape S3 has had some issues with the spark plugs after a map.

Hi All,

i'm relatively new to the forum and have an 8P3 S3.

I am looking at getting it mapped to stage 1, purely based on all the positive remarks on this forum ("difference between night and day" and "audi should have mapped it like this from the start" etc). I've no interest in going beyond stage 1 as it's my daily drive, and i'm up and down the motorway almost every week .....

What i'd like to know is if there is anyone in the Wakefield / Leeds area who has an 8P3 S3 who has had it mapped, who could take me for a quick spin to see the difference ...

I appreciate it's a cheeky request, but any assistance would be gratefully received (i can contribute to fuel etc ...) :)

Cheers

Getting my S3 remap'd by Revo on tuesday :D driving down there monday and staying for the night, probably won't sleep, but when i wake up i'm going straight to Revo HQ's.

If no one's taken you for a drive i'll do it. Getting a SPS Switch with it for free aswell so can revert it back to standard if i wanted.

Dom

Just re-read and mines a 8P2 S3, but always welcome to take you out in it.

Hi I would deffo recommend Stage 1. You should see an improvement in mpg on the daily commute as well, I have on my 8P3 S3 so long as it is mundane cruising. However, full throttle will use more fuel but over a tank mine evens out.

I used Shark via their STS unit and the car is not only quicker but so much smoother. It is now much better to drive in town with start/stop traffic due to the extra low end torque. Before, I felt pulling away and 1st to 2nd was quite jerky and required effort to be smooth.

W8 performance (forum sponsor) was doing money off the map and the good thing about STS (if you choose that method) is you return to your true stock map rather than a detuned modded map.

Just my 2p - don't wish to start off a "which remap" debate

Hi Dom - i'd like to take you up on the offer when you get back if thats ok, let me know how things go.

Rosco11 - thanks for the feedback. Mine is a DSG flavour, and i find the lower gears lacking any real grunt, and quite laggy. I am hoping this improves with a map. I also think the DSG could do with a bit of added intelligence as this seems a bit random at times, is it possible to map a gearbox ? are there any benefits in doing so ?

With regard to better fuel economy, i'm getting about 34mpg on my regular run to London, hovering at about 75mph. Any idea what you are averaging on a long run ?. To be honest i didn't buy the car for fuel economy, so im not overly concerned, providing a map irons out the hesitancy and flat spots.

Mine is manual however, I believe you can get a dsg map in addition to a normal remap at additional cost. Have a search for dsg remap and see what comes up.

My mpg has gone up 2-3mpg on a longer run but as you said you don't by S3s for economy.

alright rosco

although I'm not local, ill give you a bit of a feel for a mapped car, I've had mine at both stage 1 & 2, was at stage 1 for about 7 months and I've also been on stage 2 for about 7 months as well. the advantage of stage 1 of that you can keep everything else on the car stock and just enjoy the map, though you will need more regular oil changes, spark plugs and you will destroy your clutch so start saving for one! you will also get used to the power and start craving more. if you do decide to go stage 2, then you can get parts that still keep the oem sound for 90% of the driving time (resonated TBE exhaust & a closed induction system) so the only time you would notice the difference is under full throttle. you can see the spec of mine from my sign, the car is my daily driver, mostly round town at rush hour and is perfectly easy to live with, just has the jekyll and hyde that you want, smooth drive round town and a grippy, responsive hot hatch when you want!

I'll try and pull myself away from the excitement of the car once it's map'd to give you a pm so we can meet up. Mines also a Manual but at a 56plate you wouldn't expect DSG :(