Waiting For My A6 Allroad BiTdi Sport

Ad72

Reaction score
So having introduced myself in the new members area I thought I'd make another post in this section. This is my first Audi and after having BMW's for the past 11 years I decided it was time for a change. My BMW has already gone back, I intended to buy a used BMW but decided last minute that I'd like to try an Audi. I test drove an SQ5 and whilst it was very nice I just didn't gel with it. I had a think and after a bit of research I decided on an A6 Allroad. The current discounts seem very good and I managed to bag a stock 2017MY BiTdi Sport in Havana at nearly £13k below list. The car is still in Germany and delivery expected in the next few weeks. This is something completely different for me so i'm excited as well has apprehensive. The wait is killing me so hopefully this forum will help time pass more quickly. Any tips specific to this model on what to look for on collection day would be appreciated

Reactions: jojo, evans1089 and Rab.
welcome to the forum - the wait is the worst. I am new to Audi also having got a TDI ultra S-line in May, so still getting used to it, but loving it all the same.

look forward to the pictures.

Reactions: Ad72
Welcome to the A6 club but more importantly the Allroad brigade.

I am so not jellies of your BiTdi engine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ad72
Unsure what BMW model you've handed back in, but yes, the BiTdi engine is rather good! Took me a month or so to get use to driving it though. You will be impressed with the interior quality and build over the BMW for sure, but the way it drives is most likely going to be a duller experience.

Bit of a long story but the last BMW I drove was a 435d which is what prompted me to go diesel, previous was a straight six petrol. On the test drive I immediately felt the differences between the BMW and Audi with the BMW being the drivers car but as you say the build quality of the Audi appears to be better, time will tell. Over the years I've had a few 5 series, a 3 series and an M135i

Reactions: jojo
Bit of a long story but the last BMW I drove was a 435d which is what prompted me to go diesel, previous was a straight six petrol. On the test drive I immediately felt the differences between the BMW and Audi with the BMW being the drivers car but as you say the build quality of the Audi appears to be better, time will tell. Over the years I've had a few 5 series, a 3 series and an M135i
That's a very interesting swop, going from what is basically a 3 series coupe into an Allroad! The 435 I suspect is a bit of a weapon, the allroad is carrying a lot more weight in comparison! Keep us updated on how you feel with the swop.
My A6 Avant is easily the most equipped car I've ever owned, but the car I replaced was a 2000 Passat Estate! So night and day really.