W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
So easy todo pal? What yours bracket like for the power steering pipe?

So easy todo pal? What yours bracket like for the power steering pipe?

Easy mate. 3 13mm bolts each end of the pipe then 2 10mm bolts that keep the pas pipework in place. Undo the 10mms first. I've just used cable ties as I was in a lazy mood. I might get round to proper brackets another time but ties will do a good enough job.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Including the SMIC cross bar, this little lot comes in at 45kgs!

null_zpsf5e70219.jpg

null_zpsefe18247.jpg

Forget the strut brace, that's going back on.

null_zpsd9455e85.jpg

So this with a nearly empty fuel tank and some more ponies from last year should give me a much better quarter mile time.

to put that into some perspective, 12.9 is 2003 911 carrera 4S time.

I did wonder if that was a pi$$ take thinking he was aiming for a proverbial 10s car.

I had an 02' C4S & doubt if it was that quick either tbh.

Including the SMIC cross bar, this little lot comes in at 45kgs!

Will you remove the front passengers seat at the strip to lose a bit more weight ? S3 seats must weigh around 500kg :) , I know this as I pulled a back fat when I pulled them out the car :yes:

Will you remove the front passengers seat at the strip to lose a bit more weight ? S3 seats must weigh around 500kg :) , I know this as I pulled a back fat when I pulled them out the car :yes:
He said he is just going to leave it at that apart from shaving his knackers and having a dump....

Reactions: Sam_
:ohmy:

Thats lame mate, how did you try bleed it, with the pedal or ezzibleed?

Ezibleed. Done it loads of times before without any issue. I suspect I might have damaged te seals on Wednesday when I was pressing the pedal to the floor. Total bummer and the 2nd show in a row my car hasn't made. Tho was the one I was really looking forward too :(

They say these things happen for a reason, you wouldn't want to lose the brakes after a 10 sec run :)

Now go drown your sorrows over the weekend :)

Should get time to get under the heap of crap tonight and see what's going on. Going to get a couple of litres of brake fluid today.

After chatting to a few of the lads at Inters im now hoping that the MC isn't shagged but one is on order just incase.

Been meaning to ask did you find out where the fluid was coming from?

Hope your all sorted and up and running :)

It was another classic Fred moment a bit like the EGT sensor fun ;)

Reactions: s3dave
oh come on, I need to hear this.

What was the likely cause?

I thought we all decided over a few beers that Fred had Fk'd it and a new MC was the only fix?

No no everything was fine on the car.. It was the equipment he was using in a rush that was the issue lol.

Didn't think could be the master cylinder seal as is a sealed unit bar the fill, outlets and bleed nipples...pressume was tge seal on the eazy bleed ****** it out everywhere?