VW Polo 6n2

Perry

Reaction score
My other half has just bought a 51 plate VW Polo - however the previous owner has covered up the management light on the dash with some black insulating tape - due to a faulty EGR valve rather than fix hid the light.

Now this has been sorted I want to remove the tape - however it is behind the glass of the clocks I have no idea how to get into them - can anyone help ?

Thanks

I believe its a dismantle jobby taking the whole clock set out.

Did they not notice or take anyone with them that would have seen the tape?

Surely there is a law against stuff like this happening?

Knew it had been done as was told it was an EGR issue and they just covered it up rather than spend more and repair.

Now repaired and want to remove the tape - agghhhhh seems a pain in the **** job.

they covered up the light? lol im sorry but the minute the seller of the car told you that. if i were you id have walked! what sort of person does that?

we had one at work this week, a customer with a recently purchaced mk5 golf from a dodgy car sales place in newcastle. anyway guys had the car literally a few weeks, it suddenly started making horrible failed dmf noises.
took the box out and its plainly obvious that someone has actually welded the flywheel center to the outer. effectivly making it single mass lol!! never seen owt like it, i did laugh long and hard!
the noise was due to all the welds failing lol.