VW GOLF R32-Tuning?

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, thought you guys would know bes though.

My mum has just got herself a R32 Mint condition 30k On the clock 1 owner 53 plate.

Totally standard, it feels a bit slower than my A3, i beleive there 240 standard?

What can you do to get more BHP out of them? I phoned Jabba and a remap he said wont give alot maybe 8bhp Which is what i expected really.

Guessing its not worth touching it at all?

Jason

Storm Developments do a supercharger for them I believe, probably not cheap though.

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, thought you guys would know bes though.

My mum has just got herself a R32 Mint condition 30k On the clock 1 owner 53 plate.

Totally standard, it feels a bit slower than my A3, i beleive there 240 standard?

What can you do to get more BHP out of them? I phoned Jabba and a remap he said wont give alot maybe 8bhp Which is what i expected really.

Guessing its not worth touching it at all?

Jason

This may sound rude, but your mum is a legend mate, 20V coupe turbo, and now this!

Holy **** man! make her join this forum, shell teach these S3'ers a lesson or two!

a remap doesnt sound like alot but i read about them s5's inthe audi driver mag. figures dont look impresive but the extra torque seems to make the car feel alot better. better then the figures alone suggest.

R32 is back to basics engine tuning. Get more air in as possible and then get it out again quick.

So you are looking at porting heads, cams, exhaust, fueling and ignition tweeks. Lots of money for not a huge amount of gain.

So for big power, it will be forced induction. Speak to the popular tuners for what kits they offer. Looking at at least £7000 upwards I would say for a turbo kit fitted and mapped.

Good thing about the R32 is that you can get some pretty big chargers on there as the engine can pump more air than a 1.8T.

How much cash you got. That JBS twin scroll weighs in at a cool £15,000.

A3 Turbo... I know it's getting away from the original thread,
but what do you think of Jabba's remaps ?
I've got an AMD remap at the moment,and it niggles me if i'm
honest that it's a generic map.It runs nice,but i some how think
the Jabba custom remap is going to be better !!
Might take the plunge...

Thanks for all the info guys,

Not looking to spend a huge amount so turbo's and superchargers are out of the question. A decent induction and full system may release a couple of extra horses but nothing noticable. Think it'll be staying as it is then!
They handle pretty well out of the box too IMO.

And regards to the Jabba map my K03S'D AGU is now hitting 1.5Bar on my Jabba custom map, its quicker than my mums R32 if that makes any difference!

HTH

J

Sounds good mate !
As for your mother...buying an R32 in the first place is pretty special,
fitting a Large super charger would be something else !!
If money were no object...i'd have one :)
Would sound like you had a budgy on steroids trapped under
the bonnet !! Lol ........

are the r32s quicker than a standard 8l s3,and what about a remapped s3

From what i understand, the R32 is quicker when both in standard
form, a remap on the S3 may give it a slight edge, it's all hear say
really, i wouldn't know personally...

Danotta...go on you tube and type in S3 vs.....it will bring up a site called Turbo dreams. It's the newer shape R32 and a remapped S3,
From the video it looks like the Audi has it beat... i like this video :)

Leggy what was that one we went in? Didn't it have sports cat's, exhaust,cam's and a remap, I'm sure the bloke said it was 300bhp.... But can it be? with so little mods?? i would have thought more about 260-270bhp...

make sure the ecu has had the update Vw did , forgot the code but it sorted out a lot of the problems with the power and flat spots. Not a lot you can do to the R32 without spending ££££`s. Off the mark they are quicker than the S3. On the road Id say its down to the driver.

Yeah he did say it was 300ish i think... was quite a while ago now weren't it... one thing i do remember tho, that car was 5 up and pulled like a train.... i liked to of drove on me own without the extra weight !!

thing that made me laugh is the salesman tryed telling me it was 340 bhp as it was chipped i just laughed at him lol.

I'll enquire into the tuning stage of these a bit more maybe i'll head over to ukmkivs!

J

I remember people trying to get their money back from tuning companies after Vw released the update as there was no difference, in fact I think the Vw map was smoother.

Voorhees Revoing will not give her anything but lightening her purse.

Thanks for all the info guys,

Not looking to spend a huge amount so turbo's and superchargers are out of the question. A decent induction and full system may release a couple of extra horses but nothing noticable. Think it'll be staying as it is then!
They handle pretty well out of the box too IMO.

And regards to the Jabba map my K03S'D AGU is now hitting 1.5Bar on my Jabba custom map, its quicker than my mums R32 if that makes any difference!

HTH

J

You might not want to spend much on it, but look what you get for your money. You should like this lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3i2qIak_k :whistle2: