VW EOS 1.6FSI problem - any suggestions?

RS3dan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

The missus has just bought a new car, a 2007 VW EOS with the 1.6fsi - the same engine that goes into the golf/A3 Im sure?

I took it to work today for a little run out as she doesn't drive far each day and on the way home encountered a problem.

Came down the A46 ~70 and then off onto a slip road to roundabout. The car started to run very lumpy as I waited in the queue, felt like it was only on 2 cylinders - a little rev didn't cure it and it struggled to move off at the R/A at which point the engine light started to flash.

Kept going through it up the gears and it cured itself by second gear, never did it again and can't make it repeat.

The slip road was an upwards incline, fairly steep and in fairness the tank was fairly low (Keep telling her!!)

My first thought was a little dirt sucked up in the tank and caused an injector blockage - possible?

I've since thought about hearing about issues with the oil pick up pipe on fsi's but I cant remember if its the tfsi or fsi that's notorious for it, I assume a temporary blockage here could cause similar affects?

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem and how big of a problem that could be?

Also, since its the fsi it has a timing chain, something I've never had! Do these need changing, and how often??

Cheers

Dan

Hi
Chains are for life but in real word they are stretching ...Chain tensioners are failing as well in fsi engines(avoid long life oil services).They is also sludge build up issue on the valves..
The best way is to do VAG scan first.

Reactions: RS3dan