Vredestein Tyres

Andy F

S3 quattro Too Darn Soulful ! Get you some a that!
Reaction score
My A3 2.0Tfsi quattro is sat on Vredestein Utrac Vorti is any of you guys on them and what are your thoughts i think quite sticky in dry only good in wet and very good for wear for £75 a corner

logo.gif

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Vorti.htm

Very good in the dry.
Fair to middling in the wet (sh1t under braking in wet).
Wear way too fast.
Sidewall too soft for fast road use.
Sidewall being soft does make them quiet and comfy for cruising.

I've had two sets on the front of my car and that's my opinion.

My Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 (now replaced by version 3) are much better all round though, especially in the wet.

Thanks for your thoughts Andy F

Reactions: Sayam
Many people have reported that f1 assy 3 have soft sidewall and lack rim protector compared to f1 assy 2. Which lead me to michelin ps4's which are brilliant on dry and wet. They are combination of ps2 and pss.

Thank you very much for your thoughts Andy F

Many people have reported that f1 assy 3 have soft sidewall and lack rim protector compared to f1 assy 2. Which lead me to michelin ps4's which are brilliant on dry and wet. They are combination of ps2 and pss.

I haven't used the F1 Assy 3 as I said. I can imagine they made the sidewall softer on the Assy 3 compared to the 2 because going from the Vred Vorti to the Assy 2, the sidewall is noticeable stiffer on the Assy 2.

I guess they did that to improve noise and cruising.

Only read good things about the PS4. But waiting until there are more reviews on tyre-reviews.

Reactions: S.
PS4 > Assymetric 3s for me.

Got them fitted at Costco when they just came out, quite a good price too!
Much more grip in the dry and wet and significantly quieter than the Conti SC I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S.