Q3 Vorsprung model Q3, does it have rear view camera?

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Hi all,

does the Vorsprung model come with the rear view reversing camera?

I've checked through the configurator, and standard equipment list, but cannot see it listed.

As the Sound & Comfort pack is kind of selected with everything, and it comes with B&O, heated seats and some parking kit etc.

Should have 360 degree cameras so yes it has rear view

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TDI-line
When reverse is selected you'll get the reverse camera with steering-path lines.

Thanks Simon, so does it select a typical camera mode when reverse is selected?

You’ll get a split screen. One side has a top down 360 view and the other has the rear view camera with lines. You can then tap the camera icon on the screen and change to any camera you want.

You’ll get a split screen. One side has a top down 360 view and the other has the rear view camera with lines. You can then tap the camera icon on the screen and change to any camera you want.

I have these features on my Q5 Vorsprung - absolutely love them.

Same, brilliant system and love all the different angles! Especially the one showing your alloys!

Same, brilliant system and love all the different angles! Especially the one showing your alloys!

I wouldn’t say it was a great system for real life situations. Personally I felt the Q3 Vorsprung 45 Sportback q we had for 4 months and the parking 360 parking system way too complicated. Normally I am known for loving new technology but Audi seem to have excelled themselves with adding stuff that in real life use is a pita.
We didn’t sell the Q3 because of the abundance of technology, more because it was boring, slow, poor handling and more thirsty than the S3 predecessor. No more SUVs here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: infernox
I wouldn’t say it was a great system for real life situations. Personally I felt the Q3 Vorsprung 45 Sportback q we had for 4 months and the parking 360 parking system way too complicated. Normally I am known for loving new technology but Audi seem to have excelled themselves with adding stuff that in real life use is a pita.
We didn’t sell the Q3 because of the abundance of technology, more because it was boring, slow, poor handling and more thirsty than the S3 predecessor. No more SUVs here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take your point about too much technology in the Vorsprung. Like you love tech but in all honestly there is too much. I guess some will say why go for a Vorsprung model. In my case got a good deal on the Vorsprung which had all the bits on that I wanted and can pick and choose the other options to use or ignore.

Reactions: firecracker69
I had surround cameras on a RR Evoque - was more novelty value than useful, and then the front grille camera took a stone chip and it became an expensive fix. Reverse camera - great idea though and it's crystal clear on the Q3 too.

I first had 360 degree cameras on an M5. Like some people have a pan roof as a must have, I now have 360 degree cameras. Really useful for my regular parking spots to make sure expensive alloys stay safe...

Yeah...I'm in the 'must have a pan roof' camp.....we are all different!

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I take your point about too much technology in the Vorsprung. Like you love tech but in all honestly there is too much. I guess some will say why go for a Vorsprung model. In my case got a good deal on the Vorsprung which had all the bits on that I wanted and can pick and choose the other options to use or ignore.
Resale Value... Add the bits to an S Line and value at 3 years is an S Line. Vorsprung retains % of the value of the included options.. Simple economics. And I wanted a Pan Roof!!

Why would you not want a Pan Roof, brightens up a dull interior.

OK I will bite...

some irrational - my first car had a sunroof that leaked, my dad had one that cracked, highly unlikely to happen today but it creates that uncertainty in the back of your mind

some semi rational - same reason I dont want a black car, looks fab when its clean and useless rest of time.... do I get a benefit from a sunroof all year round or just occasionally and does it cause problems rest of time (see above and below)

some very rational - they cost £1500 or whatever and add sod all to the residual value, they need additional servicing, its something else to go wrong, they let in light - which means sun glasses but as a varifocal wearer who has never got on with sunglasses they are a last resort to me, when you open them you get buffeting, less economy blah blah.

Its a bit like saying why doesnt everyone want an RS4 / 992 whatever, you are judging it entirely from your standpoint and lots have very different views or we would all drive the same car in the same colour with the same extras.... just at different ages according to budget!

Resale Value... Add the bits to an S Line and value at 3 years is an S Line. Vorsprung retains % of the value of the included options.. Simple economics. And I wanted a Pan Roof!!

But only if you wanted all the tech. I suspect a bunch of people are paying £10k more or whatever for a Vorsprung for £3ks worth of extras they wanted - and they aint gonna get the more than £4k at back at resale time in 4 years....

AS with all things, buy what you want, its your money, but we all see things differently.

I didnt buy an RS4 Vorprung as I didnt like the wheels (my choice, I might be in a minority, that is fine) and I didnt want a sunroof....

I would have to disagree. This is my first car with 360, but it’s all the other angles you get as well. I mainly park just on the 360 though as it’s sooooo quick and simple! My wife’s car had the 360 and I always wanted the same having used hers. Personally, my future Audi purchases will be a must have option.

Same on the Q3 front for me (albeit RSQ3), I find opposite to you and that’s having owned the RS5..... out of both cars the RS5 was boring! It was just dull although quick. My RSQ3 is quick, handles well and quite playful, it’s not gonna set the world on fire but nor did the RS5, S5, or S3.....

But only if you wanted all the tech. I suspect a bunch of people are paying £10k more or whatever for a Vorsprung for £3ks worth of extras they wanted - and they aint gonna get the more than £4k at back at resale time in 4 years....

AS with all things, buy what you want, its your money, but we all see things differently.

I didnt buy an RS4 Vorprung as I didnt like the wheels (my choice, I might be in a minority, that is fine) and I didnt want a sunroof....

I agree on the wheels part! It’s one of the things I don’t like on mine.... personally the wheels are ugly.
But that’s just me. :yes:

The RS4 Vorsprung wheels are horrible I reckon. Mine is a 69 Audi Sport version with FREE Pano roof and lovely Carbon Black wheels as per photo. Only downside is the Car is Daytona Grey rather than Mythos black (my first B9 RS4 was Black) but it was such a bargain to swap over to a 69 from an 18 it was too good to miss especially as the vital Pan Roof and B&O noise with comfort and Sound pack are fitted. Never had a problem with Pano roof apart from late wife's 8P after a minor ding when roof became unstuck following paint repair and cooking in oven. Sunroofs these days are really top notch with limited issues and unlike many 'options' they do add to the marketability of the vehicle hence the value.

I would have to disagree. This is my first car with 360, but it’s all the other angles you get as well. I mainly park just on the 360 though as it’s sooooo quick and simple! My wife’s car had the 360 and I always wanted the same having used hers. Personally, my future Audi purchases will be a must have option.

Same on the Q3 front for me (albeit RSQ3), I find opposite to you and that’s having owned the RS5..... out of both cars the RS5 was boring! It was just dull although quick. My RSQ3 is quick, handles well and quite playful, it’s not gonna set the world on fire but nor did the RS5, S5, or S3.....
Was yours a B9 RS5.. I had S5 of the B8 era and found that less enjoyable than the B9 versions which are altogether more playful IMHO. As for RSQ3, I haven't driven one but think it highly unlikely I would find such performance enjoyable in an SUV as most bounce around like a *it on a trampoline . Love 8V S3 and RS3 but really don't see the point of a performance SUV.

I think opinions vary of what an Audi RS should be like?

In my head I want an RS to be capable of being scary if not treated with total respect, others see it as the pinnacle of the Audi model range, the top transcontinental cruiser and being a bit bonkers isn't required. Some RS models are capable of carrying much of the straight-line speed through corners.

The prior generation 8U RSQ3 was firmly in the scary group, take excessive liberties and it would take a trip through the nearest hedge without a shadow of a doubt, waaay more power than the chassis could handle with an utterly epic 5 pot single turbo engine sat up front - unique to Audi RS. The best technique for rapid progress was power down the straights, shed the speed (those 8 pot Brembo calipers did that well) for corners, higher CoG and sub optimal suspension working against you and then boot it hard out of the bend. Properly addictive fun with a genuine aural soundtrack to match. Would an RS3 leave it behind? Yes, absolutely however having a super competent car isn't, for me anyway, much fun as I was about to discover with the fully loaded RS4.

The 2018 B9 RS4 with every option, was the transcontinental cruiser, fabulously good at everything, corners were dispatched like they simply were not there (DRC saw to that), it wasn't in anyway scary - well the steel brakes on mine were distinctly average so maybe a little. On reflection I wish I'd driven a standard car without DRC, maybe it would have felt closer to something scary when pressing and I'd probably have kept it.

The F3 RSQ3 retains the bonkers engine, substantially enhanced both mechanically and for power output but sat in a much more capable chassis so now it can get down the straights just as quickly, it has the new aluminium 6 pot calipers (also in the 2020 RS4?) and they shed speed well, the F3 corners much closer to 'flat', it's not perfect and remains a tad lary - it too would head for the hedge if provoked. perfect.

The RS4 Vorsprung wheels are horrible I reckon. Mine is a 69 Audi Sport version with FREE Pano roof and lovely Carbon Black wheels as per photo. Only downside is the Car is Daytona Grey rather than Mythos black (my first B9 RS4 was Black) but it was such a bargain to swap over to a 69 from an 18 it was too good to miss especially as the vital Pan Roof and B&O noise with comfort and Sound pack are fitted. Never had a problem with Pano roof apart from late wife's 8P after a minor ding when roof became unstuck following paint repair and cooking in oven. Sunroofs these days are really top notch with limited issues and unlike many 'options' they do add to the marketability of the vehicle hence the value.

I love the "never had a problem apart from" phrase, I have never had a problem with my non pan roof at all ;). I offered my SQ5 with no pan roof and with (poor first advert) and got exactly same dealer offers on both ads - they may say it adds marketability but it didnt seem to add value...

I have carbon black with black wheels - never used to like them but they are so much easier to refurb than diamond cut versions and on a white car with black accents they suit. I had daytona on an A6, which it suits, I wont have black on anything after a swirl fest black mini....

I think opinions vary of what an Audi RS should be like?

In my head I want an RS to be capable of being scary if not treated with total respect, others see it as the pinnacle of the Audi model range, the top transcontinental cruiser and being a bit bonkers isn't required. Some RS models are capable of carrying much of the straight-line speed through corners.

The prior generation 8U RSQ3 was firmly in the scary group, take excessive liberties and it would take a trip through the nearest hedge without a shadow of a doubt, waaay more power than the chassis could handle with an utterly epic 5 pot single turbo engine sat up front - unique to Audi RS. The best technique for rapid progress was power down the straights, shed the speed (those 8 pot Brembo calipers did that well) for corners, higher CoG and sub optimal suspension working against you and then boot it hard out of the bend. Properly addictive fun with a genuine aural soundtrack to match. Would an RS3 leave it behind? Yes, absolutely however having a super competent car isn't, for me anyway, much fun as I was about to discover with the fully loaded RS4.

The 2018 B9 RS4 with every option, was the transcontinental cruiser, fabulously good at everything, corners were dispatched like they simply were not there (DRC saw to that), it wasn't in anyway scary - well the steel brakes on mine were distinctly average so maybe a little. On reflection I wish I'd driven a standard car without DRC, maybe it would have felt closer to something scary when pressing and I'd probably have kept it.

The F3 RSQ3 retains the bonkers engine, substantially enhanced both mechanically and for power output but sat in a much more capable chassis so now it can get down the straights just as quickly, it has the new aluminium 6 pot calipers (also in the 2020 RS4?) and they shed speed well, the F3 corners much closer to 'flat', it's not perfect and remains a tad lary - it too would head for the hedge if provoked. perfect.

I am in the discrete progress camp, I want it to be quick but not hard work most of the time.

Did try 5k revs and dynamic mode today, it was quite exciting on a country road and the car behind trying to keep up probably thought the same.....

Reactions: cosmicblue