Vorsprung International 2023

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Vorsprung International 2023

16th July, Market Harborough. LE16 7WB

ASN Club stand???

JG

Reactions: Sandra and Rob Avant
I’m up for this… only an hours travel for me.
Not been to anything since VAG Tuner way back in 2018

Reactions: RS5 JON
Reactions: Audi Upgrades Ltd and RS5 JON
@JG51 AUD i will get thread up in a week or so John. Of course I will have you, Mac and stef lined up for tent duties (and the photoshoot you do every year)

I'm up for it. RS3 might even have arrived!

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

@Sandra any update on this being an official ASN meeting/day out?

JG
Hi John, sorry for delay. Yes we will do Vorsprung international. I will get thread set up for attendees

Reactions: RS5 JON and Harvey
If your joining us add your name to the list

Should I enter the show n shine comp?
622C9FCB CAD7 4071 B157 CC2D01D57BB9

Reactions: RS5 JON and Sandra
Well it’s almost here spent god knows how long cleaning my old gal up looks amazing I have to park in a different area guys but I’ll pop over n spend some time with the club. fingers crossed on judges

Reactions: jimladallen and RS5 JON
Was going to wash the old boat today but it’s not stop raining, looks like it’s going to be poor weather all weekend annoyingly

Reactions: jimladallen
Ready & waiting under my carport for tomorrow, see you all there on the club stand. Only an hours drive for me so hopefully I'll get there with a cleanish car fingers cross.
20230715 162537

Hi Sandra, tickets arrived this morning.
Thoughts on Vorsprung..a good show..I arrived about 09.00.Guess what I was first there after driving for two hours.Where were the admins to meet and greet everyone,it's not like there were many on the club stand,there wasn't even a banner. I felt out of place on my lowly A3.Dont think I will be going anywhere else with this club...

Overall thoughts on this event, I was slightly disappointed by it all, such a large venue with what felt like a lack of organisation & no real lay out for club stands or show & shine cars, the lack of traders amazed me.

Now I know this is the 1st year for Vorsprung International, but I understand it to be an evolution of Audi’s in the park, which had been running for a number of years, if I didn’t know that I would have thought it was the 1st time this event had been organised!!!

Far from what I’m used to when attending car shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall thoughts on this event, I was slightly disappointed by it all, such a large venue with what felt like a lack of organisation & no real lay out for club stands or show & shine cars, the lack of traders amazed me.

Now I know this is the 1st year for Vorsprung International, but I understand it to be an evolution of Audi’s in the park, which had been running for a number of years, if I didn’t know that I would have thought it was the 1st time this event had been organised!!!

Possibly it was just down to members being unable to attend for whatever reason, everyone has a lot on their plates these days.
It is allways nice to have a good turnout but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

Possibly it was just down to members being unable to attend for whatever reason, everyone has a lot on their plates these days.
It is allways nice to have a good turnout but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

I understand people are busy, but unless the organisers was planning on the numbers being at least double what was there today, there is no need to have such a large venue. If the venue had been set out better then maybe it would have created a decent atmosphere. But it felt like a lot of little shows trying to be 1 big show, just didn’t work for me.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I understand people are busy, but unless the organisers was planning on the numbers being at least double what was there today, there is no need to have such a large venue. If the venue had been set out better then maybe it would have created a decent atmosphere. But it felt like a lot of little shows trying to be 1 big show, just didn’t work for me.

Valid points chap and noted. :thumbs up:

I enjoyed myself, weather wasn’t too bad.
I was parked next to Paul and his incredibly shiny RS4 and the Scottish lads. Really good to meet everyone and have a chat, didn’t feel left out even though I was in an 17 year old A4 in amongst some really nice expensive stuff.
Loved all the classic stuff on show. I do agree it could’ve been organised a bit better by the venue, seemed way too spread out.

Reactions: Sandra

Were you the white RS4 saloon on the end?

Sorry I didn't really come and speak with anyone. I was a bit late in turning up due to unforeseen circumstances and wasn't able to stay long. Just had a quick nose around for a couple of hours and left. Whoever had the black RS4 Avant on this stand, looked lovely and clean! Makes me consider one more myself!