Vorsprung - Colour

shaung92

Reaction score
Evening folks,

After having owned a Lapiz Blue Golf R for the best part of 4 years, I’ve taken the plunge and ordered myself the new RS3.

I’ve ordered it in Mythos Black as that caught my eye initially but... pretty much every YouTube video I’ve seen has the Tango Red and it looks absolutely stunning! Needless to say I’m now torn as to whether or not I should change my order from Mythos to Tango.

What has everyone else ordered?

Cheers!

Tango Red looks nothing like it does in the promo videos to the naked eye its a darker tone of red it actually replaced Misano red a long running Audi paint colour which in my opinion was nicer
As for what I've chosen TBC

Reactions: Mr Freeze and shaung92
I’ve got mythos inbound.

Tango works well (better) with the black accenting touches. It’s too bright / attention grabbing for me though - I prefer the stealth look.

I’ve got a LE car though so I’m making do with mythos for that spec as you couldn’t order a set colour - I had a choice of mythos or turbo so went mythos.

My backup order was Daytona and tbh I think it looks the best balance of the colours available. Had I the choice I was going to go exclusive with my LE but that wasn’t an option

Reactions: shaung92
I’ve got mythos inbound.

Tango works well (better) with the black accenting touches. It’s too bright / attention grabbing for me though - I prefer the stealth look.

I’ve got a LE car though so I’m making do with mythos for that spec as you couldn’t order a set colour - I had a choice of mythos or turbo so went mythos.

My backup order was Daytona and tbh I think it looks the best balance of the colours available. Had I the choice I was going to go exclusive with my LE but that wasn’t an option
I like mythos black with the matte aluminum trim even better with aluminum roof rails which will arrive as a option when production settles

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Keano04
I like mythos black with the matte aluminum trim even better with aluminum roof rails which will arrive as a option when production settles

I’ve always had black cars so it’s the simple choice for me. I was trying / wanting to be different this time around but still ended up with black!!

Black can carry chrome/aluminium colours a lot better than most other colours but I won’t have that option unfortunately. I will be changing the wheels to break up the black - especially now I see it’ll likely come with bridgestones…

Reactions: Jassyo06
I’ve always had black cars so it’s the simple choice for me. I was trying / wanting to be different this time around but still ended up with black!!

Black can carry chrome/aluminium colours a lot better than most other colours but I won’t have that option unfortunately. I will be changing the wheels to break up the black - especially now I see it’ll likely come with bridgestones…
A few months ago l had to get new tyres for my mums A1 BE 225/30/18 l chose the Bridgestone the exact same as the ones fitted to the new RS3 they seem to be good tyres but wear rate aint great even on a 150 bhp fwd A1 so I don't think the wear rate will be any better on the RS3 8Y a lot worse no doubt but the Bridgestones are expensive
Av only seem Pzeros on German/EU Model's on YouTube

in my taste gree grey or red looking best :)

yellow and black are worst

A few months ago l had to get new tyres for my mums A1 BE 225/30/18 l chose the Bridgestone the exact same as the ones fitted to the new RS3 they seem to be good tyres but wear rate aint great even on a 150 bhp fwd A1 so I don't think the wear rate will be any better on the RS3 8Y a lot worse no doubt but the Bridgestones are expensive
Av only seem Pzeros on German/EU Model's on YouTube

Ah really. Interesting. Had Bridgestone potenza s001 on a previous car and wet grip wasn’t the best (to put it kindly), dry grip ok, but wear rate was really good…

I will take a quicker wear rate if those fitted to the rs3 grip better

Looking at the pics, it says potenza RO1, so hopefully grip won't be too much of an issue. I had potenza RE050 on a S2000 oem tyre, good in dry, awful in wet and cracked well before wear was an issue.

Reactions: Keano04
Looking at the pics, it says potenza RO1, so hopefully grip won't be too much of an issue. I had potenza RE050 on a S2000 oem tyre, good in dry, awful in wet and cracked well before wear was an issue.

Well spotted. That’s encouraging.

Also, I upgraded from carbon black to Vorsprung, I’m verging on changing my order to red but the Vorsprung doesn’t even have an option to add the carbon spoiler from the Carbon Black edition. WTF Audi!

Also, I upgraded from carbon black to Vorsprung, I’m verging on changing my order to red but the Vorsprung doesn’t even have an option to add the carbon spoiler from the Carbon Black edition. WTF Audi!
You can buy this rear carbon wing from Audi plus the carbon door mirror covers if you wish but not much change left out of £2k

Weirdly the dealer configurator when we were at Audi had the roof rails on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daylight robbery, I didn’t see the option to add them on though?
An Enquiry to your local Audi parts department will get you the prices for both l think the rear wing is around £1100/£1200 the carbon door mirror covers are just over £500 you'll need the mirror covers that are compatible with the Audi side assist ie blindspot recognition

That’s honestly insane. They’re thieves and they know the spoiler looks fu*king good so they charge top coin for it

Changed my order from Mythos to Tango..

That’s honestly insane. They’re thieves and they know the spoiler looks fu*king good so they charge top coin for it

Tango should look great yet to see a Tango Red car for real ie out with youtube reviews
Yeah high prices for Audi OEM styling add ons but they may turn up on eBay for less money next year

Tango should look great yet to see a Tango Red car for real ie out with youtube reviews
Yeah high prices for Audi OEM styling add ons but they may turn up on eBay for less money next year
Just seen a Tango Red Rs5 it in the dealership I couldn't see any metallic in the paint at all looks more like a solid colour imo

You think the rear spoiler on the carbon Rs3 looks good ? :grimacing:

I don't like Nardo nor Kemora but this colour looked the nuts again it depends on the style of the car thats wearing the colour Porsche Chalk Grey

Attachments

• 20211031_163524.jpg
    20211031_163524.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 101
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Just seen a Tango Red Rs5 it in the dealership I couldn't see any metallic in the paint at all looks more like a solid colour imo
Very difficult to see the mettalic in Tango, the sun has to be just at the correct angle, years ago I had a Misano red A3 2.0T, the red was stunning close up