Voluntary Termination

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Has any one got experience of doing it?
Need to do this on the wife's car, she's now told me the service indicator has come on, and I know it needs 3x new tyres.
Can I get away with putting cheaper non runflats tyres onand just reset the service indicator? Or do I need to get all these done first?

Car is really good condition apart from that.

I assume it isn't an audi as they don't tend to have run flat tyres, however don't scrimp on the servicing..

I've just done it, I was on hire purchase. All you need to do is make sure that your half way PAID not half way in to the term then your fine, car has to be serviced as to manufacture guidelines and stamped, also has to be in great condition and of these things or missing stamps/paper work you will be charged for. I was charged £135.00 for 3 kerbed alloys. And if they come out to do the VT and say you need to pay X amount and you say no thanks I'll keep it or get it done myself you have to pay for there visit and I believe that's like £200+
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see, well I guess you need to talk to the dealership you are p/x it to...

I see, well I guess you need to talk to the dealership you are p/x it to...
It's not px, need to either VT her current car or sell it privately. Px value is too low.

She's eligible for VT as over half has been paid, car px value is at GFV value with a year left outstanding amount is £2k more

Just get part worn tyres (for vag finance they must be branded) and for service just change to service due in 1000 mile. Also sometimes webuyanycar.com might be worth a try after you've changed the tyres/service light.

Reactions: TripleD
Just VT'd my last car 6 weeks ago and it was pretty straight forward. It was a mini that originally came with RF's, having replaced these with non RF's when it came to handing it back I got some part worn branded RF's from eBay. Service was due in 1400 miles and nothing was mentioned about it needing done. Chap that inspected it said that nothing was due on his estimate but that it would now be returned to Mini for them to carry out a further inspection, it also came back clear.
My mate handed back his wives Mini not long after mine and originally got an estimate of £600 for scrapes, dents, kerbed alloys etc. But when report came from Mini they only charged for 3 wheels to be refurbished £150, he paid straight away with out questioning it lol.

All the best with it.

Reactions: TripleD