volkswagen racing alloy wheels and brake kit?

Gfermer

Reaction score
as above wondering if anyone has got them on there s3? looked through most of the rimz thread and google etc just looking around for stuff for next year and thinking standard wheels have to go when i get new brakes. ive got red s3 and planning to get graphite grey kinda colour and get mirrors done same and maybe rs3 grill if money allows need to change the look of the car i think but dont like black against the red ( just my own opinion )

Aren't they just effectively Pro Race 1.2s?

Regarding colour scheme, a mate of mine has a red mk5 Golf GTI, with hints of R32 on it. He's just recently fitted new wheels in a dark graphite colour, and has really set it off!

I wasn't sure can't really find any decent pictures they look similar but don't know if it's just me but 1.2s seem to curv in a bit more at the rim? Image. Image

Thanks yeah not keen on going black but think darker grey but keeping them with a bit of a shine to them mighty look quite good wanted to keep car standard looks but kinda boring now lol plus new wheels will prob be better for brakes fitting under and showing them off a bit

I've got 1.2's on my car,and primarily to get 245x40 section tyres under the car.....good choice of rims.

OK...brake kit....I wouldn't now.

There are better ones to be had,such as the AP kit,or Brembo,or Alcon if you have very deep pockets.

I had a VWR kit,which is now a sort of AP hybrid,and performs better than it did originally.

I like the 1.2s but was wanting to go for something els as there seems to be a lot with them, I like the vw racing and couple oz and torinis but can't decide lol I'm looking at spending about roughly 2k on them so you reckon they are not that great? My car is only
Stage 2+ and I don't drive it crazy hard but I want something good on my car as I'm going back to the nurburgring and wanna try another track day or 2 where's best place to get the ap Alex ? Got any links to them ?

I like the 1.2s but was wanting to go for something els as there seems to be a lot with them, I like the vw racing and couple oz and torinis but can't decide lol I'm looking at spending about roughly 2k on them so you reckon they are not that great? My car is only
Stage 2+ and I don't drive it crazy hard but I want something good on my car as I'm going back to the nurburgring and wanna try another track day or 2 where's best place to get the ap Alex ? Got any links to them ?

APRacing's site should give you the nearest distributor,but to be honest,your tuner should be able to source and fit that.

If you plan a trip around somewhere like that,you may want to specify a pad that's up to the task and won't give up,and I can recommend Mintex 1155 pads for that.

Also a fan of the VW Racing wheels. Looked at the VW Racing brake kit but was far too expensive for my needs. I settled on the Forge Big Brake setup after reading a thread on VWVortex ...

8545702697_b9ab101934_z.jpg

In fact if you want a really good read - this thread has a lot of great ideas ... VWVortex.com - Flieger's Golf R Build

Reactions: S3Alex
Hybrid AP/VWR Frankenbrakes.....LOL

Also a fan of the VW Racing wheels. Looked at the VW Racing brake kit but was far too expensive for my needs. I settled on the Forge Big Brake setup after reading a thread on VWVortex ...

8545702697_b9ab101934_z.jpg

In fact if you want a really good read - this thread has a lot of great ideas ... VWVortex.com - Flieger's Golf R Build

awrite bud how much did you pay for the forge kit if you don't mind me asking and what price does the vw racing kit come in at?

Ross

Last edited:
I looked at the forge kit and the k sports but couldn't really get any great reviews they were all mixed so still undecided ap would be more than I ever needed and would be pushing well over my budget this is why I'm starting my research early, I'll have a read of that thanks

thats some golf not gonna lie just skimmed through it but they brakes look awsum and seen to do the job anyways with all the track day/rally hes doing. would be over kill for me but i really think i want them now dammit haha

It was on sale for about £1K ... its the 330mm disc size but they also do a 356mm disc.

thats some golf not gonna lie just skimmed through it but they brakes look awsum and seen to do the job anyways with all the track day/rally hes doing. would be over kill for me but i really think i want them now dammit haha

Lots of good stuff in that thread - really liked reading it ...

For the money,that's not bad value although personally I'd take AP or Alcon over almost anything else.

Lots of good stuff in that thread - really liked reading it ...

It is nice.

However,for the ultimate Golf R,I know where to go and will look it out for you if you fancy a LOT of power.

Go to the Project Room section and look for owner called TimJK. His solar orange s3 has those rims on.

weve 33 thanks mate they wheels llok spot on been looking for a picture for days haha thats it decided these will be getting purchased after xmas. thats a good price for the forge brakes i thought they were bout 1300? my car wont be getting any more power new wheels, brakes and maybe rear anti roll bar? bst to get? then thats it lol

It is nice.

However,for the ultimate Golf R,I know where to go and will look it out for you if you fancy a LOT of power.

I have an A3 Cabrio ... outright power is not really my thing I was really just interested in the various upgrades that could improve the driving experience of my humble motor.

For the money,that's not bad value although personally I'd take AP or Alcon over almost anything else.

Makes sense for an S3 but probably over-the-top for my cabrio, hence why I went with Forge. Only thing I've been advised to change is the EBC Yellowstuff to Mintex which I'll do once the EBC have gone to dust ...

I have an A3 Cabrio ... outright power is not really my thing I was really just interested in the various upgrades that could improve the driving experience of my humble motor.

Sorry.....my quote was re the Golf R in that other thread.

Uprating the suspension,which I think you've already done,is one of the best upgrades all round,and the brakes are probably the next best step you can make.

weve 33 thanks mate they wheels llok spot on been looking for a picture for days haha thats it decided these will be getting purchased after xmas. thats a good price for the forge brakes i thought they were bout 1300? my car wont be getting any more power new wheels, brakes and maybe rear anti roll bar? bst to get? then thats it lol

No probs! When you get these parts fitted make sure you post pics! Lol

That's what we all say...then something else appears.....

I would get both ARBs and the suspension done,and that will give you a lot more scope for using the power etc.

I have bilstein b14 coilovers on my car so far so you rekon front and rear arbs I was looking at them other day noticed different thickness etc ? What ones would be best mainly road use ? Hardest setting ? Or a medium? Notice some go hard rear then soft for front ? Oh and s3alex guy I know through a friend has put deposit down on the golf r 400 l! He's got massive plans for it as he used to own the fastest rs in the uk couple years back trading his amg merc in for it so when he starts ill maybe post some things up thought it might interest you since you like the power lol won't be till next year before it's even built, rekon it will be a beast of a car standard anyways.

Yeah ill mind put pics up should
Of maybe done a build thread but I'm. A nightmare at remembering to take any pictures haha

I have bilstein b14 coilovers on my car so far so you rekon front and rear arbs I was looking at them other day noticed different thickness etc ? What ones would be best mainly road use ? Hardest setting ? Or a medium? Notice some go hard rear then soft for front ? Oh and s3alex guy I know through a friend has put deposit down on the golf r 400 l! He's got massive plans for it as he used to own the fastest rs in the uk couple years back trading his amg merc in for it so when he starts ill maybe post some things up thought it might interest you since you like the power lol won't be till next year before it's even built, rekon it will be a beast of a car standard anyways.

He may well make most powerful in the UK,but I reckon he might have a job making 750bhp....that's the current benchmark.

750! Insane haha my s3 is fast enough for me never mind 750! Don't know now far he will go with it but il defo be wanting to sit in the passenger seat lol

750! Insane haha my s3 is fast enough for me never mind 750! Don't know now far he will go with it but il defo be wanting to sit in the passenger seat lol

My friend who owns that thing is responsible for my wallet being empty much of the time....he finds all sorts of serious ironmongery for his car and I follow the leader...LOL.