Volkswagen and Audi track day, Castle Combe 16th July

Shez

Sheridan
Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone thinking of attending this event? Has anyone been in the past and could give me an idea as to whether it is worth going as a spectator. Don't know if it is to late to get a stand up and running, from looking at the past pictures it appears that other Audi clubs attend (TTOC, SRS etc)

Cheers

Sheridan

It's not a bad day if you like putting your car round the track and to watch

I'm up for this this 100%.

I know it is a little late in the day now, does anyone fancy meeting up there? I might try and contact the show organisers to see if we could have a small area to park up together and get the ASN name out there to others.
The only thing is I will not beable to make it till the afternoon as the wife has an Aston Martin track experience booked for the morning but it is just up the road so should be on site just before lunch. Does it run all day?

You could also advertise your services Colin.

Cheers,

Shez

So Ladies and Gents anyone up for this?

1. Sheridan & Nikki - A4 cabriolet 2.0T S line SE

I will be going, leaving Aldershot around 9, myslef in the B6 and a rather nice looking B7 behind!!

I'm going to this with another club (Vagowners). I will pop over and say Hi..See you then..

Reactions: mattyboyc and FranA3
2. Paul, Elli + Matt - A4 B5 2.4

Audi A4 B5 Saloon, 2.4, facelift, full S4 bodykit, S4 alloys, Eibach lowered springs, Xenon headlights, Bose Audio, Sports cats, induction kit, remap, RS4 grill

3. Welly - S3 8L

3. Welly - S3 8L
4. Dane - S3 8L

3. Welly - S3 8L
4. Dane - S3 8L
5. <tuffty/> - S3 8L

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Any idea on cost / format for the day? I'm at Hullavington for an airfield track day the day before, but could possibly be tempted!

Any idea on cost / format for the day? I'm at Hullavington for an airfield track day the day before, but could possibly be tempted!

Hullavington? How did you get on board with that dude?

I've emailed the people about costs and protocol on the day etc, but not heard back yet.

through motorsport events dude, only £109 for a full open pit lane day!

https://orders.motorsport-events.com/EventList.aspx

I hate to say it, but I'm sure it's FAR better value for track time than combe, the usual action day £35 for 10-15 minute sessions is a VERY expensive way.

You boys should come along to one some time :)

Tempting....

At the VAG day at Combe, track prices are £107 for AM or PM sessions which I don't think is too bad.

Tempted.

EDIT: £104

it's awful value Welly, just the same as the £35 per session I thought it would be :(

A full-day booking provides 6 session tickets (3 morning and 3 afternoon) or book for a half day (3-session tickets) and choose am or pm. Additional single session tickets can be bought on the day.

Each 12-car track session usually provides 10-15 minutes of clear circuit time. Entrants are expected to queue as necessary to achieve their full entitlement of track sessions.

They're ALWAYS closer to 10 minute sessions, never 15, so it's £104 for 30 mins on track tops. or £35 per 10 minute session!

Hullavington is open pitlane, from 10am until 5, with as much track time as you can manage, all for £109

it's awful value Welly, just the same as the £35 per session I thought it would be :(

They're ALWAYS closer to 10 minute sessions, never 15, so it's £104 for 30 mins on track tops. or £35 per 10 minute session!

Hullavington is open pitlane, from 10am until 5, with as much track time as you can manage, all for £109

Hmmm, if the sessions are 10 rather than 15, that blows. Agreed, if that's the case, that blows.

Gents,

Just emailed Autometrix to try and get a parking space for us all in the paddock. I know it is a long shot as it is late in the day but thought it was worth an email, i'll keep you posted with response.

The more the merrier.

Cheers,

Sheridan

Last edited:
i could be in for this. ill check my diary! castle coombe is a great track, so should be good.

Won't make this one now... have a chance to get some work done on the car as I want her at her best for AITP so soz...

3. Welly - S3 8L
4. Dane - S3 8L

<tuffty/>

Come on Lads and Ladys. The event is only £10 and is a great day out.. I would stick my name down but i'm going with the VAGOwner crew

Peeps,

I received the form back from Autometrix on Friday and completed and sent it back to Evette on Saturday.

I have requested 10 passes as the response has been quite poor!!!!

I have requested that the passes are left at the entrance gate for people to pick up, I will keep you posted when I hear anything from Evette at Autometrix. I shall be there from around lunch time till close of play so can I rely on someone to set up the space we have as best as possible and i'll have to join you when I get on site.

Guess I'll see you all there including the traitors who have abandoned us ;) :) :crying:

I'll keep you posted as and when I hear anything,

Shez

i got invited to this well before it was on this forum lol , i didnt think that anyone would be interested in this but next time i'll know , i should have done a thread sbout it earlyer on but there we go eh haha

So in a way ASN members will be there in some shape or form. See you all there my brothers :sm4:

Ok Gents,

I have just got off the phone from Autometrix, I can confirm we have passes and they will be at the entrance gate I have ordered 10 which is way more than the interest we have but thought I'd cover the people that just decide to turn up on the day. At least ASN will have a presence at this effect however small it is.

Cheers Guys and see you Saturday,

Shez

I will be attending this and getting there about 8am as I have a mate taking his R32 on track. I'm guessing I might be the first one there from ASN, so I'll try and find the plot!

3. Welly - S3 8L
4. Dane - S3 8L
5. Pete - S3 8P

Yeah Sorry Gents, I can't make it till around lunch time as I stated in my previous posts that the missus is driving an Aston Martin on track as part of her Birthday present from last year so by the time I make it from Oxford to Castle Coombe will probably be around 13:30. Save a space for me on the stand :) If someone could take the lead setting the stand up (parking order with space we have availble it would be much appricated)

Cheers,

Shez