volcano red, anyone have pics?

dorgs

Reaction score
hi guys,

im looking at ordering a new a3 soon and im wondering if anyone has any pics of volcano red or of brilliant red? buying in ireland and the volcano red is an €800 option, while brilliant red comes std.

Just wondering how different they are in the flesh....tks in advance

i've never even heard of volcano red

brilliant red looks a little pink for my liking. if you can get a pearlescent colour i'd definitely recommend it

best of luck with your purchase

ok just looked in the brochure - i think volcano red must be what replaced garnet red. it's more of a marooney colour, whereas brilliant red is "manchester united" red. (i hate using that analogy - i'm a leeds united fan lol.)

tbh between the two i'd go for brilliant red, but if you're ordering an S-Line i'd definitely go for Misano red instead

Good luck with your choice. For us (and I assume Sub ) Phantom Black is the colour of choice for an A/S3 and most other Audis too.

if i had the choice of a factory order S-Line i'd definitely be getting Monza Silver - otherwise you're right, Phantom Black all the way :icon_thumright:

if i had the choice of a factory order S-Line i'd definitely be getting Monza Silver - otherwise you're right, Phantom Black all the way :icon_thumright:

Saw a Monza in dealership today.... Looks too 1990's Honda for us.

ok just looked in the brochure - i think volcano red must be what replaced garnet red. it's more of a marooney colour, whereas brilliant red is "manchester united" red. (i hate using that analogy - i'm a leeds united fan lol.)

tbh between the two i'd go for brilliant red, but if you're ordering an S-Line i'd definitely go for Misano red instead
misano red is a awesome colour we had a 3door sline tdi in work a little while ago very nice in the flesh with goldy yellow met in the paint looks even better in the sun but there's nothing wrong with brilliant red all you red haters lol mine is very red and not pink in the least bit

but anyway this is my brilliant red 3 door
30102010724.jpg

i have NOTHING at all against red. i think some of the best cars on here are red

i've only ever examined one Brilliant Red the paint looked flat and a bit pink - yours is obviously better kept lol

lol only joking sub lmfao , but yeah mine is well kept as im a valeter so i polish mine every week (when i can be bothered ) but esp in summer i do it every week without fail got to have a clean motor right phantom looks top notch when clean too i think

lol only joking sub lmfao , but yeah mine is well kept as im a valeter so i polish mine every week (when i can be bothered ) but esp in summer i do it every week without fail got to have a clean motor right phantom looks top notch when clean too i think

yeah i gave mine a good scrubbing over the wknd - looked a treat :wub:

and then it got destroyed on my jaunt down the M1 :(

volcano red in that pic looks more orangy/gold, quite nice. Bet its great in the sun. Love red cars, esp with black details.....stunning

Mine is misano red metallic or pearlescent. It needs to be very clean and sunny to see the metallic effect though, not like normal metallic. Doesn't seem to shine like other metallics
i agree when i did valeted a misano red s-line it only looked good when it was in the sun but man it looked good

that TT looks class, tks for the help...choosing the colour is defo the hardest imho...:unsure:

Attachments

• 9C0224AC-AAED-4A63-B8EA-A792896792BC.jpeg
    9C0224AC-AAED-4A63-B8EA-A792896792BC.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 127
Red is an excellent colour. I’ve got 3 cars with it! 2 x Audi in Brilliant red and 1 x VW in Flash red.

I regularly give mines a good polish, wax and ceramic finish. Funny thing is when it’s a cracking day it changes to an orange colour. Hope u don’t mind me asking but have any of yous had the particular filter warning light come on? I was driving mines at the weekend and it came on but I was cruising on the bypass at 60. I stopped and phoned my mechanic mate and he said to give it a good battering. It went off 5 minutes later

Just purchased this last week. Moved from the 1.6 Leon tdi (which was a good car, 64 plate) to this 2 year older beaut.
Just seems a bit more grown up and the Volcano red really pops in the sun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-135549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-135549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 313