Voice Activation Control .

jrloco

Reaction score
Hi . The voice activation button on the steering wheel has stopped working . The main dealer where I bought the car does'nt seem to have a clue . Can anyone help ? . jrloco .:shrug:

take it back and make them fix it

^^^ Fair advice, I'd say.

I understand that not every problem can be dianosed immediately, but if you bought the car from them with a warranty to guarantee that it will work as prescribed, it's their responsibility to get a clue.

Have they offered any suggestion with regard to how they feel you should proceed?

Rob

:shrug:Hi . The dealer said that Audi new of the problem and said it was probably software related . That was 3 months ago , and I've heard nothing since then . John .

I had a similar issue on my S3 when I had to have a new RNSE unit fitted after getting a DVD stuck (luckily done under warranty). At first they could not sort it out either, but after 3 hours of waiting they managed to put it back to normal.

As bez said take it back and tell them to get it sorted.

dont wait for them to call you back
get on the phone every monday wednesday and friday
belive me they will get so sick of you they will sort it

but in your 1st post you said they didnt know what it was ?
but now you say they know its software related.

:shrug:Hi Bez101 . Forgot to mention in first post that they thought it might be a software Problem . jrloco

:shrug:Hi Bez101 . Forgot to mention in first post that they thought it might be a software Problem . jrloco

Hello jrloco,

I wonder can you find out what the actual software version is, if it is a dealer upload or can be set by the owner under a special menu on the sat nav (perhaps?). If it is a dealer specific uploaded version can it be obtained somewhere?

I am very keen to turn of my microphones in the car as I have a bit of a thing against Big Brother and no thats not the one you sit in and watch on your telly whilst eating some of this yellow stuff...
E5068578

Any help you can get would be gratefully received.

Cheers :icon_thumright: