Vmax200 with an RS3

Has anyone got idea why my car running a Revo Stage 1 would have the exact same performance figures as a standard PFL RS3 apart from a factory option of deleting of the speed limiter?
My car felt faster after the remap and it still feels fast now so I don't think it's my car unless it should be even faster.
Both cars used launch control and automatic shifting so that eliminates the driver as a factor.
The other RS3, which I think was an 8v, at the event had really different numbers for some reason so I guess that can't be used to compare.

Has anyone else got 0-60 in the real world conditions. Mine was still recorded 3.8sec to 60 on a back road.

Last edited:
Weight, fuel, temperature/heat soak, tyre pressures etc can all play a part in not getting the very best times.

Weight, fuel, temperature/heat soak, tyre pressures etc can all play a part in not getting the very best times.
The times were around the same throughout the day using the Racelogic PerformanceBox. Using 28 liters did lighten the car roughly by 28 kg and having to rest the car between run to make sure the breaks were ok for the 200 mile drive home hopefully limited heat soak.
I put the maximum recommend pressure in the tyres (44 psi front 39 psi rear) for the day.

It does seem strange that two cars which should have different power outputs produce the same performance result even given the possible external factors.

Also looking at the 3rd RS3 result it managed to reach 167.35 mph so not sure why the 0 to 60 (6.91 sec) and 0 to 100 (14.85 sec) results were so high.

The times were around the same throughout the day using the Racelogic PerformanceBox. Using 28 liters did lighten the car roughly by 28 kg and having to rest the car between run to make sure the breaks were ok for the 200 mile drive home hopefully limited heat soak.
I put the maximum recommend pressure in the tyres (44 psi front 39 psi rear) for the day.

It does seem strange that two cars which should have different power outputs produce the same performance result even given the possible external factors.

Also looking at the 3rd RS3 result it managed to reach 167.35 mph so not sure why the 0 to 60 (6.91 sec) and 0 to 100 (14.85 sec) results were so high.
Firstly, tyres pressures that high will not have helped your 0-60mph times.

Secondly, the car that was 5mph down on his top speed attempt might not sound much, but it takes quite a while to go from 167 to 172mph, so his slow 0-60 and 0-100mph times are quite plausible.

Reactions: XPOWER