Virtual cockpit

mitja_s3

Reaction score
hi guys. i wanna have in my 2014 S3 and a3 virtual cocpit. I read somewhere that is possible only with new steering wheel from TT or FL A3 and VC , and is no need to change whole MMI unit. Can somebody help me?

br

I think that you have to have a whole new dashboard? There is definitely a fairly recent thread on here covering this. Big job I think.

hi guys. i wanna have in my 2014 S3 and a3 virtual cocpit. I read somewhere that is possible only with new steering wheel from TT or FL A3 and VC , and is no need to change whole MMI unit. Can somebody help me?

br

Yer gonna need deeeep pockets I’m afraid.
@DJAlix will elaborate if he reads this I’m sure............

Just some info from VAG Car Codings facebookpage (DJAlix's page):
Audi Virtual Cockpit Retrofit Information!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
VAG Car Coding has successfully completed many MQB platform Virtual Cockpit retrofits over the past year and we are constantly being hammered with requests for information and pricing. Today we would like to let you all know that we are currently working on new pricing for this retrofit and that we will now ONLY be offering this retrofit in two variants:

1. Virtual Cockpit Partial Retrofit - This includes a 2017 Steering Wheel & Airbag with a 2017 Dashboard.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Virtual Cockpit Full Retrofit - This includes a 2017 Steering Wheel & Airbag, a 2017 MMI4G Version 2 with Audi Smartphone interface and a 2017 Dashboard.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We will no longer be modifying existing dashboards as although we have not had any issues in doing this, this solution is not very elegant and has the potential to cause warranty issues, also a new dash is not all that expensive so its better to just change it out. We will NOT be retrofitting Virtual Cockpits on their own as these units will not work correctly / fully without all the additional items and will cost you more in the long run to revisit and retrofit additional items.

Need new vc and bezels, with reset button, an aliexpress conversion set will do to mount the cockpit. You have to cut your dash to make room for the vc. Put the vc surround in the empty opening as far as possible and draw cut line. Cut with osscillating saw.
Expect 1200-1500 for new vc...

Next you need 8v1035035dab /6 no dab mmi (mib2) and get it unlocked. (or diy) Price around 500euro
Followed by center control from facelift (bj/bk extention for touch) Price around 150euro
Next is the usb controller. 2 types. 1 has 2 usb ports in center console and 2nd is 1 in center and 1 underneeth hvac. Ali express can help you here. Price around 150 euro
Steerring wheel: need view button, and matching airbag, single stage. price starts at 200euro to 750.

Go to a good retrofitter. As odis is a must. Coding is loads of work. But doable.

expect at least 3000euros for this conversion. Mostly bcz vc new prices.

Last edited by a moderator: