Facelift Virtual Cockpit

lgooch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the black and white hatched line is when using google earth mapping ?

I have read the hand book cover to cover and found a CD rom in the wallet but I don't have a CD drive.

9b082cd79317f2bd55b5bad3865d5c3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, but dont know 100% that it means traffic on one side of a motorway. Ie not a normal road.

I travel along a motorway in the morning for work and I occasioanlly have that when the traffic is heavy on the other side.

It may be coincidence but thats my workings anwyay!

As a seperate point, did you just spec the vc because I have a cd 'drive' in the glovebox

No traffic on the road and it's just an A road where I turn off my estate where I live.

OST I specced full tech pack with all the bells and whistles as well as the VC. I too have a CD drive in the glove box. Can't see it ever getting used though.

No traffic on the road and it's just an A road where I turn off my estate where I live.

OST I specced full tech pack with all the bells and whistles as well as the VC. I too have a CD drive in the glove box. Can't see it ever getting used though.

Most odd. Dont know then!

That cd drive plays dvds, its where you can put the cd handbook!

It's traffic. Just because you don't see any doesn't mean it's accurate!

Traffic is "red & orange" on normal google maps so why would traffic be a white with black lines on the VC version? I dont have VC but surely google maps is the same for continuity?

This is from a google search, seems accurate:

If a road is green it means traffic is moving well, 45 miles per hour or better; if a road is yellow, vehicle speeds are between 25 and 45 mph; if a road is orange, traffic is slow - between 10 and 25 mph; if a road is red, that represents stop-and-go traffic (expect a wait)

Nothing about the white road with black lines I'm afraid. It is just the black lines that seem different as all the roads on your map are white.

Last edited:
This isn't normal google maps.

It's Audi maps with Google earth over the top. It's traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get orange and red on mine in traffic.

Reactions: Ormesome
So I have seen this myself and its the movement direction/speed of traffic. It is not the same as actual traffic jams.

Just seems weird. The road is empty. Going to have another play later. Far too much tech in these cars now to the extent you need to read the handbook :-(

ABC is a school I think I removed that along with a multitude of other useless (for me) POIs yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: lgooch
Yeah it's traffic. Traffic mainly comes up red, but sometimes it's black and white aswell... I think it might mean that it's just cleared or something.

Just seems weird. The road is empty. Going to have another play later. Far too much tech in these cars now to the extent you need to read the handbook :-(

As anyone should, you can also upload the manual off the disc to the mmi...

Audi uses TMC for traffic which is delivered via radio broadcast (FM and DAB+) Only the satellite imaged are pulled from Google, the road overlay is from Audi.

In-terms of the line, it could be road works. But I usually get a symbol for that. If you look in the traffic messages list it will tell you the incident sorted by proximity.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is from the audi mobile app, black and white means 'locked'. Just need to work out what locked means now
a48db4d90f93769b9756bab7b9d95c51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No the same line I am afraid. Spotted it a few times on the way home tonight on different roads, no traffic and no roadworks though. Would love to know what it is.

I'm sure you are over-thinking this question. Surely you've seen roads like this:

4af70d119f9c77315eccf1c8000689ff.jpg

Certainly a lot of the roads around Exeter look like this ... so there's your explanation.

A Reality Check I guess .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarttiMat