Facelift Virtual Cockpit Standard Dials

christoph7r

Reaction score
I've seen this pop up a couple of times on the forum and i was wondering about it too when i first collected my S3, it's the standard dials on the Virtual Cockpit, when you first collect the car and switch it on, you're given two views, one with the Sport Dial (Large centre dial) and the expanded view with the two small dials (one on each side).

However, there is a third option which i know a lot of people don't know about and that's the standard dials which you would find on a non-virtual cockpit car (2 large dials, one on each side with a speedometer needle!).

I thought i'd do a quick video to show those who didn't know about it or to help those who did know about it but didn't know how to get it!

Reactions: CHCCubs, Ghostneo and richinsoton
Yeah I found this by accident last week. Still think I prefer the sport layout. Good video tho mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I set mine to standard dials on day 1. Might give the sport dial another go though.

What does the classic layout do when you press the view button?

Yeah I found this by accident last week. Still think I prefer the sport layout. Good video tho mate

I switched it to classic when i found myself constantly going over the speed limit cause I wasn't used to reading the digital speed but i've went back to sport now and i've gotten used to it, sort of.

Reactions: Mark_86
I set mine to standard dials on day 1. Might give the sport dial another go though.

It's what i love about the VC, you have the option to change the display so you don't get bored of looking at the same thing over and over.

I'm semi surprised about the "finding". I thought the cars got delivered in the standard layout. When I took delivery of the car I was shown how to change the layouts whilst getting told about all the controls etc. I guess if you collected on the 1st Sep/Mar then you wouldn't get the same detailed handover.

I'm semi surprised about the "finding". I thought the cars got delivered in the standard layout. When I took delivery of the car I was shown how to change the layouts whilst getting told about all the controls etc. I guess if you collected on the 1st Sep/Mar then you wouldn't get the same detailed handover.
Ditto, this and the voice command "I'm hungry' were high on the list of handover points by the salesman. Maybe some will find it useful though :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and christoph7r
Alternatively, save yerself some cash and get the mechanical dials. Audi must be very pleased with themselves for selling something that surely costs less to make as a profitable option...

Why would you think it costs less to make? A 12" high-res screen is certainly not going to cost less than a couple of bits of plastic and some small motors to drive them...

Reactions: Ghostneo and christoph7r
Why would you think it costs less to make? A 12" high-res screen is certainly not going to cost less than a couple of bits of plastic and some small motors to drive them...
Not to mention the Nvidia graphics chip that pumps out the 60fps, that ain't cheap.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghostneo
Is the Virtual Cockpit Sport view (large centre dial) only available on the S3.
Is it possible on S line?
If not is there a Mod?
Thanks

Reactions: A3_Portugal
Bit of a thread revival, I picked up my S3 yesterday and I haven’t worked out how to do this yet but the video doesn’t seem to work! :( could someone explain how I do this please?

Ah that’s perfect! I’ve been pressing the view button lots but that didn’t work lol!
Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't make the View button toggle all three, that would be too much like common sense to me lol

Reactions: Ryman