Facelift Virtual cockpit options

hallion

Reaction score
I'm currently finalising the options for my new S3 saloon order (apologies for spamming this board for the past few days :smirk:).

I would quite like the virtual cockpit. The dealer I spoke with last week advised it's only available as part of the £1395 tech pack but on the Audi UK site it also seems to be available as a £450 option on its own. Has anyone been able to order it by itself without the tech pack?

Thanks!

From what's been posted on here it's only available as part of the pack in the uk. I think if you go through the configuration and you tick the £450 option for it, it will direct you to a pop up asking if you wish to add it but you have to buy the Tech Pack to keep that option.

Reactions: SW14NY'S and hallion
My understanding is its a £450 option only on the e-tron

Reactions: Gordo77 and hallion
As I thought.......

Tick the option and this screen appears.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Gordo77 and 1 other person
Thanks for the fast reply guys. That makes sense and ties in with what the dealer said. I think I will just stay analog for the instrument cluster

Reactions: Rob2k68, Gordo77 and SW14NY'S
Thanks for the fast reply guys. That makes sense and ties in with what the dealer said. I think I will just stay analog for the instrument cluster

Have you had a proper play around with the virtual cockpit? I have it on the TT and it's pretty impressive in my opinion. It offers a lot of flexibility on what you can display, even more so on the A3/S3 with the additional central display.

You get used to the digital speedo and rev counter really quickly.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Have you had a proper play around with the virtual cockpit? I have it on the TT and it's pretty impressive in my opinion. It offers a lot of flexibility on what you can display, even more so on the A3/S3 with the additional central display.

You get used to the digital speedo and rev counter really quickly.

Yes is is good, it's £450 good, not £1395 good

I could only suggest that by adding it it will help with the resale of the vehicle. I know when I started looking for an S3 there were plenty available but the ones that had desirable options didn't stay on the market very long. Stuff like the Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Super Sport Seats and Front/Rear Park seemed to be the big features. I know when I start looking again in 18 months I wouldn't consider one without the virtual cockpit.

And storage, then there's also the phone box and a internal sims card with no data charge, or you can use your own for a wireless hotspot..

Jukebox is worth the upgrade alone for the tech pack. That and the 3 years of connect services.

When you take into account all of the "upgrades" the tech pack offers, you'd be daft not to ;)

Dont you also get HDD nav instead of SD nav too? I didnt realise the hi-res screen was standard now though

Yes you do, thus you can update them from 'myaudi', which you can't with sd based maps...